}

Friday, August 31, 2012

The Journey

It is Father's Day on Sunday so it is only fitting that I share a masculine card - I don't make them often enough but am trying to change that!


 
 
I have used the Darkroom Door Old Trick Photo Stamp
  
 
 
 
The sentiment has been cut out with the Spellbinders Grommet Tags Shapeabilities and attached with old gold brads.  The Die has been cut using the Spellbinders Grand Calibur.
 
 
 
 
The background paper is from an old book - they make the best patterned paper and we all have them lying around  - a great way to recycle!
 
 
This card is for the following challenges:
Paper Shelter Challenge - layers on layers
Simon Says Stamp - anything goes
Shopping Our Stash - Use Your Favourite Things (Dies) 
Through The Craft Room Door - Diva or Anything Goes
Hooked on Crafts - Cards for Men
House of Gilli - Your Favourite Colour Combo
Make it Monday - always Anything Goes 
The Crazy Challenge - Anything Goes 
Totally Stampalicious - Anything Goes 
Catered Crop Distress 
The Squirrel & the Fox - One for the Men 
 
 
Thank you for your comments and all of the support you give me - you make blogging such an amazing place to be!! Your encouragement is such a blessing for me - it makes my day! God bless you!

{{{hugs}}}

16 comments:

  1. Beautifully done, Linda, but you got this into the Children's challenge at Simon Says Stamp......instead of the Anything Goes one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is a great masculine card Linda and I love the sentiment

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome card, Linda! Love the antique car and the text paper under it.TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card Linda :-) the image is fab and the background papers and distressing are fab :-)

    thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge :-)
    you have linked this to the childrens challenge by mistake, can you please link to the main challenge post ,, thanks xx

    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card, Lovely Linda,
    Love it. So masculine vintage.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely gorgeous, Linda!!!!!

    Love every detail!

    Hugs,
    die amelie xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I spotted your great male card on MIM. I love your choice of image, and what a great idea to use pages from old books as background!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another fabulous creation! I love this image and the vintage feel.


    I saw your card on MIM and had to drop by for a closer look.

    Stop by my blog to check out my {Belated} Birthday Blog Candy!

    --Cheryl--

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Linda! What an amazing masculine card! Love that old truck! And the rich colors. AND the page from an old book idea...I'm gonna try that! Thanks! Remembering you, Maddy and Ron! Blessings to you all!
    Sandie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Linda this is great - love the embossed layer and the way you have distressed that too. Hope your appointment went well yesterday.
    Blessings and prayers
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Linda .Beautiful masculine card with perfect image and papers .
    Thanks for sharing on Make it Monday

    ReplyDelete
  12. A wonderful masculine card Linda, I love the sentiment you have paired with this great image. Thank you for sharing with us at The Squirrel and The Fox, I hope to see you there again soon.
    Tracey
    x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this card! The old car brings back so many great memories of my own father. And the newspaper print behind it - fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow1 What a fabulous card! Love that image!!

    Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog!

    Hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think you hit the masculine card nail on the head! That is my biggest struggle by far...everything I make comes out girlie no matter what I make...it is a running joke in my house already now! Gorgeous card! Thanks for joining in the Shopping our Stash favorite things challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  16. How gorgeous! I love this! I always struggle with masculine cards- this one is perfect! Thanks so much for joining us at Shopping Our Stash!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day! All comments are moderated and spam deleted.
Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing the comment, they have published their own personal details on this blog.{{hugs}}}