}

Thursday, August 16, 2012

Other than Paper....

It has taken me longer than I thought, but I am back to show you one of my other projects - 'Other than paper' that is....



Would it surprise you to know that before I got into my papercrafting obsession, I used to knit.  My Mother taught be at the age of 6 and I knitted for a number of decades - infact up until four and a half years ago, due to damage in my hands.....



I have always loved lace



and flowers - I have hand embroidered those little roses onto this Pomander, a lady who lived down the street when I was growing up, taught me to make these when I was around ten years old....they are so pretty and about the only embroidery I do!




The wool used is very fine, 2 ply infact and the needles tiny, but well worth every stitch.  Scented oil in the center adds such a sweet touch.




Satin ribbon to hang from is the finishing touch - this is the only one I have kept, the rest have been given as gifts - hopefully something that is treasured - definitely from the heart!

Thank you for your comments and all of the support you give me - you make blogging such an amazing place to be!! Your encouragement is such a blessing for me - it makes my day! God bless you!
{{{hugs}}}


6 comments:

  1. So very beautiful, Lovely Linda! Love the tiny rose and your precise and even stitches. . nice work and I'll bet these were treasured by each recipient! Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are multi-talented my friend - what a beautiful creation! And yes, two ply on fine needles takes a while (especially when knitting a shawl!!)
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are very sweet Linda, and great for a new baby gift.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Would it surprise you to know we have more than papercrafting and The King in common??
    I'm a knitter, (amongst other textile obsessions!) and I love lace!!
    The pomander is lovely. Very feminine and I'm glad you kept one for yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so Beautiful Linda..Loz

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day! All comments are moderated and spam deleted.
Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing the comment, they have published their own personal details on this blog.{{hugs}}}