}

Saturday, April 28, 2012

Musical Wings

Saturday evening here in Australia and it is lovely to be crafting after a busy day in the yard - I will know I am alive tomorrow! LOL!  But in the meantime I have a card to share with you....


Using the Spellbinders Fleur de Lis Rectangles Nestabilities - I love the ornate look of this Die, it can be pretty of grungy or anything inbetween!  I have also used the Spellbinders Classic Rectangles both Dies have been cut using the Spellbinders Grand Calibur®


I have used some retired Layers of Color sets to create this card - I cannot resist them, they are divine.  I am excited to see the announcement over at Penny Black that both Laura and Nina are now designing for them - it is WIN:WIN for us!


The butterfly has been stamped with Tsukineko Onyx Black Versafine and coloured with Prismacolor Pencils and Odourless Mineral Spirits.  Some colour has been added to the background image using the Prismacolor Pencils as well.  The wings have been popped up with foam dots.  I have finished off by pleating some paptterned paper and adding some braid from my stash.

This card is for the following challenges:
Crafty Catz - Anything Goes
Fussy and Fancy - Punches / Dies
Inspire Me Fridays – Always Anything Goes
Our Craft Lounge - Vintage
Polka Doodles - Shabby Chic / Vintage
C.R.A.F.T. - Animals
Creative Belli - animals
Just Keep on Creating - anything goes
Simon Says Stamp - anything goes
Truly Scrumptious - distressing + diecuts/punches

A little reminder of a few exciting things happening over the next few weeks - one of them being the Spellbinders Spring Blog Hop

you can see the details HERE

As you can imagine the excitement is building - looking forward to you being part of it all!
Thank you for your comments and all of the support you give me - you make blogging such an amazing place to be!! Your encouragement is such a blessing for me - it makes my day! God bless you!
{{{hugs}}}

9 comments:

  1. WOW Linda this is gorgeous, I love the blend of colours that you've used and the black frame really sets it off brilliantly :-)

    Thank for entering our punches & dies challenge over at Fussy and Fancy - good luck!

    xx Happy crafting and glittery hugs xx

    Sazzle

    http://sazzlecraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo, cool effects and lovely colors! Dynamic card, Linda!

    I'm with you there on my body reminding me that I worked in the yard! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love the rustic feel of this card! The great balance between the hard brick wall and the softness of the fragile butterfly - this card almost makes me poetic :) Thanks for the inspiration!

    Hugs
    Gunn

    ReplyDelete
  4. My goodness, this is gorgeous! That butterfly is stunning! So glad you shared with us at the Creative Belli challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous butterfly! So happy you joined us at Creative Belli!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi Linda,

    this is another beautiful card. I just love that beautiful butterfly and the way you have stamped and coloured it in is just amazing. Always a pleasure seeing your work.

    Thanks so much for entering your card at Anything goes, Just keep on creating. I hope you will continue to play along :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a wonderful card. Thanks for joining us this fortnight at Truly Scrumptious. Hugs Michele x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day! All comments are moderated and spam deleted.
Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing the comment, they have published their own personal details on this blog.{{hugs}}}