}

Thursday, December 23, 2010

LOC Christmas Blessings

Today is a very heartfelt post - together with my Design Team sisters at Layers of Color, I am wishing you a very happy Christmas!!  This card has been made for each of you, thanking you for your support and encouragement over the year.


The Layers of Color Flower Child art stamp set was my obvious choice for this Christmas Card - I was wanting to focus on the 'Christ Child''  as it is HIM we celebrate each CHRISTmas


It is so easy to get caught up with the festivities, and we all LOVE everything about Christmas, if you are anything like me, you love the count down and touching the presents under the Christmas Tree,{ although I would not really like to guess what is in them - I just love to try and guess) marvelling at the beauty of the Christmas lights and excited at the thought of giving your heartfelt gifts.


I am also so aware of the ultimate Christmas gift that has been given - born in a Manger, dwelling among us and dying that we might live - my heart and my mind cannot comprehend  such love, but my spirit rejoices - yes a baby was born in the Manger that day....he grew as a man of stature and became our King...


As we celebrate Christmas - we take the time to say

Happy Birthday Jesus!!


I would like to thank you all for your love and support - you have made blogging and amazing experience for me and I am so grateful!  I pray that your Christmas will be a blessed one, filled with love and laughter, health and happiness, friends and family!  I also encourage you to make an opportunity amongst all of the festivities and 'buzz' and be grateful for the ultimate gift - thanking the Giver of the Gift!

This card is for the following Challenges:
Order of the Opus Gleui - Show us What You've Done
Simon Says Stamp - Anything Goes

Happy, happy Christmas dear friends!


Make sure you check out the  Design Team Blogs and prepared to be inspired and blessed  by their Christmas cards - they are in appreciation of YOU!

 * Diana * Janice * Jennie  *  Linda * MelisaLOC

Grace and Nina - Friends of Layers of Color

you can see all of the Design Team cards and read the Christmas poist over at Layers of Color
God bless you!
{{{hugs}}}

14 comments:

  1. Your card and explanation of your Christmas thoughts are beautiful Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Linda, thank you. Thank you for sharing your card, for sharing your thoughts and for the perfect reminder of what this season is truly about. May you have a happy, peaceful and blessed Christmas. Hugs, Sxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your card. Happy Birthday Jesus! I love how you have the pleats on the one side. It looks like you used sheet music for that. Genius!! My friend and I were holding a little one at church the other day so that mom could worship. We were talking about how we loved kissing the back of the necks of little babies. I wonder if Mary kissed the back of Jesus' neck. It amazes me that the God of this universe would come as a little baby to die for me because he loves me. I am also amazed at the blessing of Christian sisters that he has given me all over this world. Merry Christmas Linda!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fabulous. The colors are so rich and elegant. The image is perfect to remind us that Christ IS the reason we are celebrating. Thanks so much for playing with us at OPUS GLUEI.

    Merry Christmas to you and your loved ones.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful! Love that cute little image.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful Christmas card that celebrates Christ's birth! Rejoicing in this special Christmas season with you, Linda!

    Christmas hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Linda! What a beautiful Christmas Card. I hope that you and yours have a fantastic Christmas.
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  8. He is the reason for the season!
    Lovely card Linda.
    Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card Linda, and thank you for sharing all your thoughts. Thank you for the blessing you have been in my life this year.
    M

    ReplyDelete
  10. Merry Christmas to you and yours Linda. Wow, thinking of the time difference, Christmas Day is there for you already! You're already in it! {I think you're a time traveler} Looking forward to another year of spreading the gospel through papercrafting.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card Linda- I love everything about it- the message is fabulous- and love the image you used. Thanks for joining the Belli Challenge- have a Blessed Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful card. I hope you have a very Merry Christmas! Thanks for playing with us at the Creative Belli Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a gorgeous Christmas card, Linda...the Christ Child image is absolutely beautiful and I love all the layers and Christmas details you added!!! Hope you Christmas was super special!!! Thanks for sharing this beauty with us in the Belli challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day! All comments are moderated and spam deleted.
Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing the comment, they have published their own personal details on this blog.{{hugs}}}