}

Sunday, August 22, 2010

SSIC LOC All of Your Heart

What a great week we have had at Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenge, thank you so much for all of you who visited us and let such lovely comments and encouragement - you certainly inspired and blessed us!!  Congratulations to the winners too - enjoy those 'goodies' and don't forget to come back and show us what you have created with them!!

This weeks scripture is brought to us by the one and only Cindy Coutts!


 'When I am afraid, I will trust in THEE.' Psalm 56:3

Cindy's Challenge is ...I would like you to make something that representing what could be your life verse, a place where God has revealed to you that you can trust in him, something representing a turning point in your life, or just focusing on Psalm 56:3. This is more of an open challenge, something that only you understand. I want you to be encouraged and remember those special "Jesus and me" moments when the Lord truly revealed Himself to you and praise Him for it ! You can read Cindy's devotional at the Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenge


This was an easy challenge for me, from the time I first became a Christian 35 years ago this week actually, I was given this scripture and have received it on the form of encouragement, prayer on cards and so many other ways - it has been a 'constant' in my life!  What a blessing to be sent this scripture in a RAK from a dear friend - it made is so easy....I think I may need to invest in this stamp from Our Daily Bread Designs!!   I added it inside a 'window' on this card, bordering it first with a negative from a Nestibilities Oval, to create a framed look.


I used a very popular set from Layers of Color - Nature Walk -it is one of my personal favourites - although I say that each time I use one of the sets - but how could I not - they are all divine!!  The Flourish is gorgeous and I stamped it directly onto the CS.  The flowers have been cut out and added to the side along with one of the gorgeous flowers I won on a Challenge.  I have added colour to the flowers with Distressing ink, just by wiping my dauber over them.  The luscious pearls in the centre are part of a RAK from my dear friend Gunn and the pearl swirls are part of some flourishes I won from McMahon Five Designs - thank you Sue - I am loving these!  I just love it when cards come together  so easily!!

Trust in the Lord with all of your heart - how easily it rolls off the tongue!  I don't know about you, but I find it so easy to trust Him with the bigger things, like...my life, but when it comes to smaller things, it seems to be so much harder.  One of the biggest battles with is trusting Him with my children!  Sure, I hand them over to Him in prayer and when 'the rubber hits the road; I do trust Him, but at times 'take them back'!  It is not that I don't trust Him - how could I not, He has proven Himself to be faithful and true time after time - I think for me  the hardest part is 'and lean not on your own understanding!'

The truth is that my own understanding is what brings things undone for me at times.  I have been brought up knowing I am capable of so many things and it is an ongoing journey to not trust in my own ability and understanding.  God has shown both my DH and I that He does things His way, which a lot of the time is definitley not our way and HE has directed our paths - inspite of me at times!  It seems that 35 years of reminders is not enough for me - I am committed to the process of learning, maturing and growing in Him - trusting Him with all of my heart!!

*Lisa Chris * Cindy * Grace * Peggysue * Randi * Miejse* Rebecca *

I am linking this to the following challenge:
Mark's Finest Papers  - Harvest cards - colours

Thank you to our sponsor for this week

Sassy Studio Designs
You can see more of my projects in my Layers of Color Gallery, while you are there make sure you check out the other Design Team galleries there is so much inspiration waiting to be discovered.  You are invited to join us on our SNR Group where there is lots of fun and chatter (No surprises there I know! LOL)  There are also discounts and previews that are exclusive for the Group Members - come and join us!!

Thank you for coming and visiting with me today and for the comments and encouragement you leave me here!  I love seeing that you have visited - it makes my day!  God bless you!
{{{hugs}}}

13 comments:

  1. oh wow hun this really is so beautiful have been sitting here admiring the beauty of this creation the coulrs are just stunning,and oh I really love those stamps,pity they did not sell them in a UK store,hugs cheryl xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linda this is really a very beautiful card! Love the flower treatment! Thanks for playing with Speedy's Friends~~

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is beautiful Lida! love the pearls and the antique look, and I was smiling as I read your comments, they so echo my own! I love that verse too, maybe a worthwhile investment for me as well?

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful Linda, love how you layered this and love those flowers. I love this scripture also, wonderful devotional.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how beautifully you have displayed this powerful scripture that I consider to be one of the strong ones I lean on during difficult times. Glad to see you playing along in Speedy's Friends challenges too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another stunning card my friend :-) Love your colours and those flowers and swirls make such a richly coloured card with great dimension.
    Thanks for sharing that awesome scripture :-)

    blessings
    M

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just the verse with all of the added embellies makes this a beautiful multi-use card for either a man or a woman. It is stunning and makes a statement indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning card! Those colors are amazingly rich! There are so many wonderful products out there! I love what you shared too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awww, Linda, this is just too gorgeous for words, my friend!!! I am totally loving this card...you must have made it just for me ;D;D. This BBEAUTY needs to be framed and hung on a wall!!! I am just blown away!! Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is really gorgeous Linda!! Love the verse, and and the flowers and pears--it's all very LOVELY! Great challenge too. {{HUGS}}

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh wow this is stunning! totally love this lots!
    take care
    Nicki
    x

    ReplyDelete
  12. What gorgeous framing of this awesome scripture!

    Thank you for sharing this gorgeous card in the Friends of Speedy the Cat's harvest challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So warm, rich, and gorgeous
    How beautiful this is for fall!
    Thanks for sharing with us and for joining Speedy's Friends this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day! All comments are moderated and spam deleted.
Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing the comment, they have published their own personal details on this blog.{{hugs}}}