}

Sunday, August 1, 2010

SSIC Lift Up My Eyes

It is exciting at Stampin' Sisters in Christ this week, we are welcoming Miesje, Rebekkah and Cindy onto the Design Team, it has been great having them as Guest Designers and we are even more thrilled that they are staying - welcome ladies - what a blessing you are!!



It is with great pleasure that Rebekkah is bringing us this week's challenge and has chosen this scripture:

 But those who wait on the Lord shall renew their strength, they shall mount up on wings like eagles, they shall run and not be weary they shall walk and not faint. Isaiah 40:31

 The challenge is to create a card with birds of any kind.  Not too hard is it!


Our sponsor kindly donated stamps for the whole Team and unfortunately I was able to print mine - I am not sure why and yes Lisa, the computer did have ink in it!! LOL!  But as soon as we have worked it out, I will make a card and link it back to this weeks challenge!

So I have used the Layers of Color Royal Birds Clear Art Stamp set.  I have stamped it in Distressing Ink and coloured it with Chalks, using a Blender Pen and lightly added Kindy Glitz.  The image has been popped up on foam dots into the Oval cut with my Nestibilitie, and layered into the Labels 4 Nestie to create a frame.


The gorgeous flowers are some I won from Wild Orchid in a challenge and the flourishes I have used to create corners I have had for nearly a year, I cut them using my friend Hannah's (aka bubblefrog) Die - I borrowed Hannah's embossing folders and Dies when she went way with her family and after 3 hours had to stop - due to cramps in my hand - so as you can image - I have a few of them!  LOL!  I need to use them more!!


Rising up like eagles - what great imagery - we hear so many things about eagles and one of the things I remember the most is that they rise the currents, they don't waste energy trying to fly against them. but ride with them - how clever are they??  If only I would learn from them - how do we do this - surely it should be easy - by waiting on the Lord.  How then, do we wait on the Lord - is it by sitting and praying to Him, bringing our 'shopping list' of needs and wants, waiting for Him to supply them all!?  I tend to think this is not at all what is meant - for me, it is coming aside and waiting in His presence - quietening my heart and allowing Him to speak -  an audible voice - I have never heard that audible voice, but have known the 'witness of His Spirit' in quietness and confidence. 

Renewing our strength - I have to be honest and say that I have never felt a SURGE of power after these times, but I have been strengthened and gained stamina, an enabling to keep 'running the race' at times when I could easily have sat down and taken time out....I would dare to say that these times of waiting on the Lord enable me to run and not grow weary - no sprinting for me, but sure and steady....to walk and not faint!!  Thank God for these times!!  I would love to hear how you wait on the Lord!!

I am linking this to:
Paper Play Challenges - Anything Goes
Polka Doodles - Generic Male or Female
Digi Doodles Shop's Best - Punch or Cut Me!

Thank you to our sponsor


For more inspiration make sure you visit each of the Design Team:

You can see more of my projects in my Layers of Color Gallery, while you are there make sure you check out the other Design Team galleries there is so much inspiration waiting to be discovered.  You are invited to join us on our SNR Group where there is lots of fun and chatter (No surprises there I know! LOL)  There are also discounts and previews that are exclusive for the Group Members - come and join us!!

Thank you for your comments and all of the encouragement you leave me here!  I love seeing that you have visited - it makes my day!  God bless you!

{{{hugs}}}

31 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous Linda, so many great details and I love that bird :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Linda... what a gorgeous creation!!! I love that LOC bird and I loved your words! I think this is a first for me to have had so few words but my time is so short... I'm thankful that so many have said just what needed to be said today! Sending you special hugs and prayers today my dear sister and friend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so beautiful! Your details are amazing - I have a hard enough time just getting 1 picture! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous Linda!! Love the bird and your verse!! Awesome creation and such a testimony!
    hugs,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card Linda, I love the vintage feel of it. Thank you for sharing your card with us at CSSC and we hope to see you next week. :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous image, design, embellies - one totally gorgeous card xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oops! Meant to put my name to that last post... Wendy M :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW Linda! This is just so beautiful. The way you colored the bird is amazing with the different hues that you used.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning card. Love the sentiment xx

    Thanks for playing at Cowgirl xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your project is just awe-inspiring! Thank you for getting Punched and or Cut up with us at Digi Doodle Shop's Best!

    KymKreates
    DT Coordinator

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great card, thanks for joining us at Digi Doodle Shops Best.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very lovely card, Linda! The close-up of the flowers look like cake deco flowers, yum!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What an adorable card...nice using the Die cuts too...thanks for joining us at Digi Doodle Shop's Best, Hugs, Monika

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous card Linda
    Love the colours and the layout...the Psalm is beautiful...
    Thank you for joining us and hope to see you again over at CSSC!!!!
    Hugs Alison
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful card, and as ever an inspiring wee homily with it. Thank you for blessing me with your words and art.

    Blessings
    M

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a fabulous card with large script and perfect birds and flowers. Love the color scheme. thanks for sharing with us at Creative Inspirations for this fortnight challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  17. GORGEOUS! Fabulous card! Wonderful sentiment! FAB DP! Love all of the detail! Very special! Thank you for joining us for "COWGIRL’S SUNDAY STAMP CHALLENGE"! I look forward to seeing more of your SUPER FABULOUS crafty works in the future!
    HUGS
    Rach ~ Queen La Rubba

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautifully said, Linda! And your card is gorgeous, of course! I love that scripture, too!

    Hugs,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is such a beautiful card Linda!! Thank you so much for entering this in our challenge at Digi Doodle Shop's Best.

    Hugs
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such a beautiful card and beautiful words too!
    Thanks for joining us at CSSC, hope to see you again next week
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Linda, my friend, this is so very beautiful!!! I absolutely love the colors and the overall design....it's just WOW!!!! Thanks so much for sharing this BEAUTY and if you can't find anyone to send this one to...you've got my address ;D;D;D. Love it!! Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
  22. Another beautiful faith art card, Linda! I love everything about it...beautiful verse!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful card Linda, love your layers, colour combo and gorgeous colouring of the bird. Lovely scripture. Thank you for joining us over at Cowgirl Up Sunday Stampen Challenge, hope to see you next week, take careX:)

    ReplyDelete
  24. this is so elegant and beautiful thankyou for entering with us at CSSC this week and goodluck huni xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is gorgeous...Thanks for joining us this week for "Anything Goes" at PaperPlay.
    Alicia xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Super creation! Thanks so much for joining us this week at The Digi Doodle Shop's Best!
    Hugs
    Amber DT

    ReplyDelete
  27. Super creation! Thanks so much for joining us this week at The Digi Doodle Shop's Best!
    Hugs
    Amber DT

    ReplyDelete
  28. Another great card Linda love the swirls.

    Beccy x

    ReplyDelete
  29. Lovely card and colours! Thanks for entering the Polkadoodle Challenge - hope you can join us again next week!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Thanks for playing along at Polkadoodles this week in our Generic challenge - great to see your lovely project! Cheers Claire x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day! All comments are moderated and spam deleted.
Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing the comment, they have published their own personal details on this blog.{{hugs}}}