}

Sunday, August 29, 2010

SSIC Iron Sharpens Iron

I am honoured to be hosting this weeks Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenge. I have thought about what scripture to share today and decided on this one from the book of Proverbs...

As iron sharpens iron, so a friend sharpens a friend.. Proverbs 27:17


My challenge for you this week is very easy - to use some form of metal on your card


This scripture speaks to me so loudly and I can think of a number of times I have experienced this  - you know how it is when you first get to know people, it is all wonderful and as friendship grows and definitely has a warm glow about it, all snug and warm as the fire heats up and you are so cosy in its glow- you know the 'honeymoon stage'.  After a while, as you let walls down and you feel comfortable with that person, perhaps even bordering on a little bit of familiarity - then, a few sparks start to fly around and it can get a little bit uncomfortable....then the HEAT IS ON and sparks start really flying!!

Here is the thing - it is at this point we have a choice to make - we can either jump out of the fire and be all bent out of shape and totally nonfunctional and unusable OR we can stay in the fire, let the heat burn away the rubbish and come out as a refined and finely tuned instrument, shaped and formed into what we are meant to be!  The choice is ours....our friends are there to grow us too.  This day and age when things are so disposable, it can be easier to jump out of the fire than to persevere and grow, becoming more refined...in the Masters Hands. 

Interestingly enough,  Friday was International Day of Forgiveness and the focus a number of areas, one of them being friendship and how to heal rifts....personally, I think if we truly understood about friendship and the way it is a blessing in our lives, that friends are more than just people who love us on good days and are there to make us feel good.  Our friends become part of our family and enrich our lives, making us part of theirs as well - these are the people who are there to grow us in our lives - the ones we are 'in the fire' with and need to work things through with - not jump out of the relationship at the first opportunity - remembering that 'friend sharpens friend!'

This is for the following Chalenges:
Our Daily Bread Designs - Texture It - Distressed edges
Floursihes Timeless Tuesday Challenge - Lace
Alphabet Challenge Blog - Roses
Crafts and Me Challenges - Petals and Pearls
Kaboodle Doodles Challenges - Lovely Flowers and Lace
For more inspiration make sure you visit each of the Design Team:

You can see more of my projects in my Layers of Color Gallery, while you are there make sure you check out the other Design Team galleries there is so much inspiration waiting to be discovered.  You are invited to join us on our SNR Group where there is lots of fun and chatter (No surprises there I know! LOL)  There are also discounts and previews that are exclusive for the Group Members - come and join us!!

Thank you for your comments and all of the encouragement you leave me here!  I love seeing that you have visited - it makes my day!  God bless you!
{{{hugs}}}

18 comments:

  1. Oh how elegant Linda!! Love the elegant details, the flower, the lace and your stunning layout and sentiment. Awesome take on the SSCC challenge and the ODBD Shining the light challenge. Thanks for joining us this week.
    Have a great week!
    hugs,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. a noble and elegant card with a fantastic design!

    love it!

    xoxo silvi (germany)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Linda - I "lovely" that !! I really like what you wrote too! The details on the card are wonderful as are the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really gorgeous card Linda, I love the flower and the sentiment is such lovely words. Thank you for joining in Kaboodledoodles this week again and hope to see you next time. Jill

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card Linda love the little metal charms. You are so right about friendships..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very beautiful and heartwarming card!
    Thanks for joining us at Kaboodle Doodles and good luck!
    Farrah

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful, Linda!! Your post has such loving truth. I'm blessed by your friendship my dear!

    ReplyDelete
  8. BEAUTIFUL card Linda and the butterfly with the pearls is the perfect touch. I love your flower as well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a gorgeous card Linda. I love the way you have decorated around the heart shape with brads and used then too in the Lace. They work perfectly with your layout.
    Thank you for joining us this week at Kaboodledoodles and we look forward to seeing some more of your lovely work in further challenges.

    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  10. A beautiful card Linda, and I appreciate the thoughts you shared. Gives me a lot to think about this week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Linda this is such a blessing - your card and your thoughts. Thank you for sharing. Love those wee butterfly embellishments :-)
    Blessings
    M

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my goodness, Linda, girl, you never cease to amaze me with your ceativity!!! I LOVE this card. Say it ain't so that you still have some of that lace I sent you ages ago ;D. That flower on your card looks amazing...and the colors you chose are so fabulous!!! I think this card needs a frame :D:D. While I am here I might as well tell you "Thank You" for taking the time to play along in this weeks Shining the Light Challenge over at ODBD. Have a blessed week my friend!! Hugs, Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW beautiful and very vintage......I love it!!!
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow....so pretty! Love all the little details!! Thanks for joining us at Alphabet Challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow this is stunning. Thanks for joining us at Crafts and Me for our challenge this week. luv gina xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a beautiful combination of so many elements, the metal, the flower, the heart and flourishes. Fabulous girlfriend!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Linda - this is DELIGHTFUL!!! Love that flower and sentiment! Thank you for playing along in the ODBDSLC! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful! I love your lace and pearls. Thanks for joining us at Kaboodle Doodles!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day! All comments are moderated and spam deleted.
Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing the comment, they have published their own personal details on this blog.{{hugs}}}