}

Monday, August 16, 2010

SSIC Birthday Blog Hop and Blog Candy

*******This post will remain at the top during the Blog Hop, please scroll down for newer posts!  Thank you!  *******
Please join the Stampin Sisters in Christ for our ONE YEAR BIRTHDAY CELEBRATION!  August 16 we will have a special blog hop including DT, Guest DT, and Alumni from the past year... and PRIZES!
At Stampin' Sisters In Christ today we are excited because it is our birthday - yes we are ONE YEAR OLD!!! To help us celebrate we have all our Design Team, past and present join us for a Blog Hop - how cool is that!  If you came here from Laurie's Blog you are in the right place - if not you may want to start at the Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenge as there are prizes to be won and you don't want miss anything  - I hear some whispers that there are some 'CANDY' on some Blogs too - wahoo!!  To win the main prize, make sure you visit each Design Team Member and then when you finish at the SSIC Blog, tell us which is your favourite scripture to be entered.  You can find out how to win my Blog Candy further down the post!

There is also so much inspiration to be found as each Designer is sharing their favourite scripture with us today and creating a project inspired by it - I am so looking forward to seeing what this talented group of ladies has created!! 


'And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.' Rom 8:28


This Scripture would have to be one of my all time favourite scriptures, I love the truth and the promise that it holds. When I read it, it says to me that although God certainly did not plan for this to happen to me, He has allowed it, therefore I am able to come through it. - whatever 'it' may be!  Isn't it a relief to have that assurance!

I have used Layers of Color Flutterescent and Butterfly Collector Clear Art Stamps to create this card!  The butterflies have been coloured with SU Chalks and had Kindy Glitz lightly added to give them a 'lift!  The sentiment is from Our Daily Bread Designs and was sent to be in a RAK from a friend - I love their scripture stamps.  The pearl swirls are part of a prize I won from McMahon Five Designs and I have to tell you - I was so excited as I don't own any of these and although they are on my 'list' they are not at the top (sigh!) So I was holding my own party when I saw I had won them - thank you Sue - you are so very generous! 

To 'sweeten the pot today' I have added a little Candy of my own and the winner will be drawn from those who leave a comment on my Blog, I am sure I will find some more goodies to add over the next few days!


Your next stop in the Blog Hop is Rebekka - The links are given below just incase there is a glitch while you are hopping.



Peggysue Turner: Roses By My Window


Candace Mitchell: Candid Candace

Randi Barrett: Randi's a New Creation




Grace Nywening: Th-INK-ing of You


Cindy Coutts: Stamp With Cindy



Rebekka Reed: Diamond in the Rough

Lisa Hjulberg: The Craft's Meow


This card is for the following challenges:
Craftilicious - Pearls and Swirls
Flutterby Wednesday - Open Challenge - butterfly, angel or fairy

Thank you for stopping my and for your lovely comments - it makes my day to know you have been!  I am sure you are getting lots of inspiration as you make your way around the Blogs - we would love to see you play along with this weeks Stampin Sisters in Christ Challenge - you can find it here!  God bless you!
{{{hugs}}}

62 comments:

  1. A perfect card, those butterflies are adorable and the verse is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW, what a gorgeous card, Linda!! What a party! Fun celebration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Linda, I have to say that I love LOC. Those butterflies age gorgeous! They surround that magnificent verse perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Linda!!! This is gorgeous with all these butterflies and what a great Scripture!!! I so love your heart my friend... and your words are a blessing to me time and again! Beautifully done!!!
    Hugs,
    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  5. Breath taking!!! Love the pearl swirls and butterflies

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Linda!i love the colors,verse,and those beautiful butterflies!Awesome!
    Nicki

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a gorgeous way to frame the verse, the pearls, the butterflies and the colors. And then of course that verse is so true and one I have leaned on many times. You have a lovely heart for the Lord, your nickname is no accident. Big hugs my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. UMMMMM! (mouth standing open!) This card is stunning! I of course love this verse and the details of your card enhance it so well. Blessing for a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely card!! I love the butterflies and the pearls to highlight the flight. I like how you highlight parts of the verse as well. May you continue to bless others with your creativity and to find much joy in doing so. God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OH Linda what a fabulous card you created for this hop. Love those butterflies. Your scripture for today is one of my (many) favorites and hold's the truth that we will suffer but He uses all things in our life for our good. The problem with us is "and we know" :) when troubles come we forget we are suppose to (KNOW) :)
    I am so blessed to have you as a sister in Christ.
    Have a Blessed day.

    ReplyDelete
  11. beautiful card and I really like how you highlighted some of the words and used the butterflies

    ReplyDelete
  12. Linda, I love your card and verse! The pearls for the butterflies are perfect. You are such an inspiration to me with your kind words that mean so much. May the Lord richly bless you and I'm so blessed to be able to serve with you and the other design team sisters at the Sisters!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Linda, this is so lovely! Those butterflies are just gorgeous! It's awesome to know that, though we might be going through something rough and it might be meant by others to be mean, God is using that to work His wonderful plan in our lives. Thank you for the inspiration today!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Linda, isn't this verse so comforting? I love it. I love how you have certain parts highlighted. Those butterflies with their swirls are so gorgeous. I pray you have a blessed day my friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW, you are awesome! Those butterflies are wonderful. Love your card and your scripture!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Linda: Lovely card, lovely words from our Lord, lovely cardmaker! This has been a wonderful bday blog hop...I'm getting close to the end of the list, but I don't want it to stop!! Hugs, Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  17. A great verse filled with promise! There is a purpose in everything. Some times it just might be hard to see...

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, this card is spectacular, Linda! How you colored & brought to life the butterflies is just amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh..Wow Gorgeous card Linda, love the colors and what a wonderful promise from the word of God that he always knows what is best and works that out for us. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow!I love your colors,image,and your butterflies!
    Awesome!!
    chris

    ReplyDelete
  21. I have found strength in this verse many times! What an awesome God we serve! You card is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Such a beautiful card!! I just love this verse!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your card is GORGEOUS! That is one of my favorite verses!!! Thanks for a chance at a giveaway, too!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow! Fabulous butterflies! I like the colors and how they are variegated. Lovely scripture, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is an absolutely gorgeous card! I love it! And you did a wonderful job explaining that scripture.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Gorgeos card, absolutely love the butterflies :o)

    ReplyDelete
  27. What a beautiful card, a powerful verse, and a wonderful message! Thanks so much for sharing with us!!! God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  28. what a beautiful card! another example of one of my favorite verses.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Stunning! Love the butterflies and pearls and what a wonderful verse to share too!

    -Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  30. I love your card AND your verse. GOOD JOB!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Linda you have blessed me out of my little boots with this card and scripture. Love the colours and the way you have highlighted the words of the scripture. That verse is one of my favourites too.
    Blessings
    M

    ReplyDelete
  32. What a beautiful card! I love the colors, the pearls, the butterflies...OK all of it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  33. Absolutely stunning! What a gorgeous work of art to present His mighty words! Beautiful job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  34. Gorgeous,love the butterflies and pearls!!!
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  35. What a beautiful card, I love your colors and the ways you've highlighted your favorite verse!! Thanks for sharing your heart and your work with the team every week, Linda!!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Beautiful card & wonderful scripture! Thanks for the chance at your blog candy!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Wow! This is awsome Linda. I love the verse as well. Thanks for sharing:)

    ReplyDelete
  38. Your butterflies are soooo pretty!! Love the card. The verse you've chosen is a wonderful word of encouragement! God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  39. Thank you for sharing your gorgeous card! I love butterflies! I think we are caccoons sometimes - if nothing ever changed, there would be no butterflies, and that includes us as we accept the changes that Christ provides in us.

    ReplyDelete
  40. Your favourite text and message touched where I am at today... thank you for sharing Linda xx

    ReplyDelete
  41. Your favourite text and message touched where I am at today... thank you for sharing Linda xx

    ReplyDelete
  42. Linda, I love the gorgeous butterflies - your coloring techniques make them "come to life"! They seem to surround and emphasize your chosen verse perfectly . . . Hugs, Magi

    ReplyDelete
  43. lovely card, beautiful verse!
    Carol<><

    ReplyDelete
  44. Wow! This is a beautiful card to highlight this wonderful verse! Just beautiful Linda!

    ReplyDelete
  45. Beautiful card. . .I love Romans and particularly Romans 8:28 and beyond. It is such a potent reminder that God is in control of all things and that because He is good He is working even the most awful of things for His glory and for the good of His people and that He will complete that which He has begun! Thank you! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  46. Ohhh LOVE the butterflies, colors and your design - ESPECIALLY the Scripture!

    ReplyDelete
  47. The scripture is beautiful and your card is very lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  48. Oh my, your card is absolutely stunning! Thank you for sharing your beautiful creation, as well as your beautiful words! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  49. Oh Linda, your card is just absolutely stunning! What lovely detailing and such a lovely, heartwarming scripture - thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  50. Beautiful colors and embellishments! Your card is gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  51. I think the butterflies are beautiful on you card. Love the verus you picked, Blessed Assurance is my great relief!! Just makes me want to sing.
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  52. Oh Lovely, Lovely Linda~

    You picked such a promising Scripture to highlight on your amazing card! I just love when this Scripture is told as you did...completely. So many times I hear or read "...All things work for the good of those who love the Lord." Period. They forget the very important part of "...according to His purpose." Thank you for reminding all of us about this amazing promise...and if we are going to work according to His purpose, we need to spend time with Him...quietly.

    Linda~ Thank you for the fabulous and generous blog candy you are gifting away! It is very generous of you.

    I love your card. The butterflies are just amazing...I love the wonderful look of their wings. And, the pearls seem to make them dance on that delicious paper!

    Remember~
    He IS Able,
    Traci S.

    ReplyDelete
  53. Love that verse Linda...it truly gets you through the difficult times knowing it is for HIS purpose to mold us and make us more like Him. Your card is stunning and love the verse and the stenciling you did. Thank you for your friendship...

    ReplyDelete
  54. Linda! OMG this card is breathtaking. I love the verse...how powerful it is and inspring yet how serene looking your card is! And those butterflies are simply gorgeous. Thanks for sharing with us!

    HUGS!
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  55. Incredibly gorgeous...the mixture of butterflies is perfection!! Thanks for fluttering with us this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  56. Linda, gorgeous butterlies and Words. Lovely. Thanks for joining us at Craftalicious.

    Hugs Tracy x
    P.S. I have candy on my blog if you want to pop over.

    ReplyDelete
  57. I love the butterflies and the pearls really added to your beautiful card. Each scripture on each blog has really spoken to my spirit. Thank you! Thank you for the opportunity to win your generous candy.
    Hugs and Blessings,
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  58. Deus abençoe voces,linda iniciativa
    http://ateliemonart.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  59. Such a beautiful card, with all those lovely butterflies fluttering around that important verse. I am very thankful for the reminder that no matter what's happening in my life, it is all to His purpose!

    ReplyDelete
  60. Very pretty card!! Thank you for playing along with my flutter by challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day! All comments are moderated and spam deleted.
Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing the comment, they have published their own personal details on this blog.{{hugs}}}