}

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

MMSC69 Sun Drenched and In Flight

It is Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge time and we all love that don't we!  We have loved seeing so many of you playing along and look forward to seeing you again this week!  We have lots of inspiration for you this week!!


I have used an image from our weekly sponsor Prairie Fairy Designs - now I have to tell you, I ADORE this image - it just touches my heart and I loved using it.  I decided it was about time I made an easel card - I love them and would have to say they would be my favourite type of card to make, I need to do it more!


The fabulous DP is from Stampin' Up, the colours are perfect for the summery feel I was wanting to achieve!  The image has been coloured with my Prismacolor Pencils, they are so-o-o smooth to use....the Gamsol just makes them spread like silk!   I cut the figures out and popped them up on foam tape  and added the daisy lace trim around the edge, instead of the scallops on the sketch, I added the pearls to the other side to balance it!


On the base I used the SU DP and added a strip of vanilla CS and followed through with the lace.  I finished off with these gorgeous flowers from my friend Sabrina, punched branches and pearls from Gunn and a silver charm completes this card!


I have used one of Priscilla's images on my second card - you can find the at "priscillastyles" Stores - these birds are gorgeous and have such a great shape - they are so easy to colour.  Again I used the Prismacolors and Gamsol.


The Circled Fleur de Lis is a Die Cut from DCWV - I found these about a year ago at Big W and had them tucked away in mu cupboard, but have been using them a bit lately.  It was just what I needed here!  It is layered into an embossed circle, using Textiles Embossing Folder and then onto white and black CS.


The DP on the base of the card has been embossed with the Stylised Flowers Embossing Folder and distressed around the edges.  I have added Paper Piercing to the two right hand corners.  Finishing off with rows of bling on various corners and across the band on the Fleur de Lis!


Now what you have been waiting for - this weeks sketch...it's "YOUR PICK" Make it fancy, clean and simple, or somewhere in-between. Remember to click on the sneak peek button on the side bar for the following weeks sketch each Friday.
These cards are for the following challenges:
Bee Crafty - Anything Goes
Crafty Emma's Challenges - Anything Goes
Stampin' for the Weekend - Anything Goes
Marks Finest Papers - Friendship card
Crafts and Me - Petals and Pearls
Daisy Doodles Creative Challenges - Anything Goes

Our MMSC68 Gold Star Award goes to...
 Sandee #54


Our Remarkables Awards this week go to...
Beate #15
Guro #17
Rita #30
Brenda K #31


Please grab your award logos from the side bar and display them proudly :)


Our MMSC69 weekly Bonus sponsor is.....



Our September Monthly Sponsor is....
Sunshine and Giggles

Thank you so much for coming to visit and for the constant lovely comments you leave for me!  I love seeing that you have been!  We would love to see you play along this week at the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge and also at the Crafter's Digital Art Centre - where the membership is nearly 3000 now - it is so much fun - Priscilla has a Group there too - it is PARTY CENTRAL!  LOL!  God bless you!
{{{hugs}}}

34 comments:

  1. This card is GORGEOUS Linda..Love all the great details and love how you colored those birds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both cards are beautiful, but the one with the kids took my breath away. It is just fabulous. I love the sketch this week, and this is a perfect interpretation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohh Linda these are gaw-juss - love the summer feel of your easel card, and just love the colours in the 'bird' card.
    Blessings
    M

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both Super adorable cards Linda. My favourite is the first one as it reminds me of my long lost childhood..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi
    what a beautiful card and lovely details, thanks for joining our firsr CES challenge.
    Hugs Kaylou xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both of your cards are stunning my friend. Love the purple and green with the doves. The children are darling!! You can tell you love the image because you did an awesome job with them!! STUNNING coloring and deets! Awesome take on the sketch. My fave!!
    Have a great day!
    hugs,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful cards! Thanks so much for joining us for the 1st CES Challenge!
    Jane
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Linda-I was so touched by that Prairie Fairy design that I had to put that card first yesterday when I was helping Priscillas compose the post!! lol That card is just stunning. You did a beautiful job with the "priscillastyles" bird images as well. Always something beautiful to see here at your blog. You are so creative and talented!

    Bear Hugs,
    Carol :O}

    ReplyDelete
  9. Linda, girl, you did it again!!! You totally knocked off my socks ;D. Both cards are so amazing!!! The first one...WOW, your coloring is breathtaking and all of the little details...so beautiful! The second card...all I can say, it is stunning!! You are so good with colors!! Hope all is well, I have not heard from you ;D. Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my, Linda! What can I say about these two beauties! WOW...your coloring on both is just amazing...love the pretty flowers on the first too...so fun and frilly!! Hugs!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a precious image and a beautiful layout!
    Thanks for sharing with us and for joining Speedy's Friends this week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. beautiful cards linda
    my favorite is the card above
    love those fabric flowers, and charm

    greetings karin

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi gorgeous card, I love all the detailing & your colouring is awesome.
    Thanks for joining us at CES Challenge.

    Hugs Vicky xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. What gorgeous card, Linda!!

    I love the awesome framing of that precious boy and girl!! Such exquisite work!!

    Thank you for joining us in the Friends of Speedy the Cat's friendship card challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Linda both cards are stunning! You're right about the first image being so touching. The way you colored it really adds to it's "precious factor." I really enjoy the fluer de lis surrounded by the birds. Such a cool surprise! And the piercing perfection you have added to embellish. . . whoa!

    Love and Hugs!
    Holly R. Moore

    ReplyDelete
  16. Just beautiful, Linda! Both cards are so different and so unique! Super fun easel card.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Linda - WOW! What amazing beautiful creations! Thanks for playing with Speedy's Friends!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my goodness gracious and giddy aunt!! Linda, you really are trying to regain your glory as #1 with these cards. I didn't realize just HOW BEAUTIFUL they were till I saw them here on your gallery. I fell in love with them on the MM site; but, now I get to see all the details and inside.

    Whew, these are GORGEOUS! Your images are to die for and your easel card is beyond WOW!! Your coloring of Priscilla's birds caught me off guard. Never seen them colored like that and I'm in love with them.

    Heck, I might even vote for you as #1; but, watch out, Gunn is after it too by showcasing Priscilla's Victorian Rose - YIKES!!

    Hugs and WOW,
    Da Princess

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your cards are both breathtaking. I adore them both. They are great examples of your talent.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hey Linda, both of your cards are so lovely! Very inspirational!
    Denise
    MMDT

    ReplyDelete
  21. Linda, what can I say, you are a trooper always doing two cards for the MMSC and now you are on both teams..talk about a TEAM PLAYER.. All your cards are over the top including this. Your post information is always so informative too. Thank you for all you do Linda.
    {{{{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}}}}}}}

    Priscilla

    ReplyDelete
  22. WoW! Linda you continue to come up with new and inspiring idea's to show me. I love how you have pearls going down one side and flowers down the other!! What wonderful soft colors!

    ReplyDelete
  23. WOWZER! Both of your card are just OTT! What a sweet image of the children, love your colors, the sunflowers and the pearls! You have certainly showcased Priscilla's birds beautifully - love the purple!
    Hugs, Marsha

    ReplyDelete
  24. I allso love the kids wish thay could stay just as sweet great card love it thank you for letting us see your good work. from MAW!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow Linda, they are both gorgeous. Thanks for joining us in the first CES Challenge and hope you can join us again soon!
    Clairexx

    ReplyDelete
  26. I just want to thank each of the MMDT for the excellent job you have all been doing with your MMSC cards. If you have not seen all the comments about them, please take a peek on the MM blog. People really love the teams work. I will be MIA and will most likely miss the next couple of your card post comments. I just wanted to let you know that I will be playing catch up when I return..LOL I wonder how many emails will be in my inbox LOL you know how chatty the MMDT can be :) Thanks again for everything you bring to the MMDT.
    Priscilla

    ReplyDelete
  27. STUNNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Love it xx Hugs Tina xx

    ReplyDelete
  28. Linda, these are both so beautiful! I especially love the children image on the top card, just gorgeous! Your colors and embellishments are perfect, love those flowers! So happy you made an easel card but watch out....they are addictive :)
    Priscilla's birds are truly amazing with the color choice...that touch of purple is stunning! You are always such an inspiration!
    Hugs,
    Charlotte
    XXX

    ReplyDelete
  29. just love your gorgeous work. That easel card is sooo sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Linda! Both cards are beautiful but the 1st is my fav. I just love blue and brown. Your coloring skills are fantastic. The details and embellishments are super.

    Holly
    MMSC-GD

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hi Linda!
    You have made two very pretty cards this week. You are quite a amazing! Your creativity seems to have no end! I am very happy for that! Both cards have this special Lindatouches to them that makes them so warm, so rich and so outstanding beautiful! I soo want a crafting day (or week) with you!

    Hugs
    Gunn

    ReplyDelete
  32. Love the card with the daisy's!! So pretty!
    hugs, Darsie

    ReplyDelete
  33. Great Card! Thanks so much for playing with us at Daisy Doodles.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Loads of eye candy here! fabulous easel card. love the charm and how you cut the children out and popped them up with dimensionals. thank you for joining the challenge at Daisy Doodles. Hope you come on over to the forum to show us what you can do with a DD image.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day! All comments are moderated and spam deleted.
Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing the comment, they have published their own personal details on this blog.{{hugs}}}