}

Saturday, August 28, 2010

MMSC68 PSDT Shady Rest

This is double the fun for me, here is a card I have made for the "priscillastyles" Design Team and I have played along using the  Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge - how much fun is that!?!?


I have used Priscilla's image 'Flowering Tree' and had so much fun colouring it.  I started with my Chalks but then went to my Prismacolour Pencils and they made all of the difference to the depth of colour - I am loving those Prisma's!!  Only one problem with them - I wasn't looking what I was doing and nearly drank the Odourless Mineral Spirits by mistake - true!!  I had it to my lips and then realised - skeery!!


I have also made this for a number of the challenges over at the Crafter's Digital Art Centre - for Colour Challenge, Corners and Distressing - I am on a roll!!  LOL!  How do you like this corner embellishment - I picked them up at KMART one day on sale - something like 50 cents for 8of them - laughing!!  The Martha Stewart Fence Punch just had to be used on this card - how could it not!!


Distressing - I L-O-V-E to distress, cards that is!  LOL!  This photo shows the dimension that is happening here!


Thank you for looking and for the lovely comments you leave me - you make blogging such a fun place to be - I am so honoured to be part of the "priscillastyles" Design Team and hope to bring you lots of inspiration using Priscilla's creative images. 

This is for the following challenges:
Aud Sentiments Challenge - Anything Goes
Practical Scrappers - Lace Cardstock - Lacy Punched Leaf Edge
Cowgirl's Sunday Stampen Challenge - Summer Time Feeling 
Crafts and Me Challenge - Petals & Pearls
Stampin' for the Weekend - Anything Goes

It is Saturday morning for me and it is deceptively sunny through the window - if we walk out the front of the house, there is now on our beautiful mountain - The Brindabella's - they are breathtaking!! Amazingly enough, as I am typing this post we have had a phone call and my DH, DS and DD! are up in the air in a helicopter now - our neighbour is a pilot and was doing a test flight - so he got to take some passengers - how cool!!  I hope you have a great weekend and get to do some things you enjoy - and maybe even some crafting!!  God bless you!
{{{hugs}}}

20 comments:

  1. You certainly scored on those corner pieces, very pretty card. Sure hope the 'test' went ok and arrived home safe and sound, LOL,

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so love this card, Linda! Love your pretty coloring, and the added picket fence punch is just the perfect touch with this tree!! that corner embellie is sooo pretty too!! Hugs!!!!!

    Connie M.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now Linda-how come when I go into KMART they don't have any cool scrapbooking stuff like you have??? I guess that is why our KMART is doing so hot!!! lol Your card is gorgeous. You did such a beautiful job with this "priscillastyles" image. I love the colors and distress inking. Really so exquisite from one corner to the next.

    Bear Hugs,
    Carol
    PSDT-Coordinator

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful, beautiful creation Linda !! It feels "disrespectful" to merely call it a card :D Thank you for joining us again at Cowgirls Sunday Challenge XXX

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wowzer Linda! This is just too gorgeous for words! But, you know me...never at a loss so I must say I love your color combo, the distressing and the paper piercing! Glad you didn't have to call the paramedics, OMS could be hazardous to your health! And, I so love the little adornment in the bottom left-hand corner, wish I had a K-Mart here - I've been looking for these for ages!
    Hugs, Marsha

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful card linda your tree is looking great
    lovely colors and embellishment


    greetings karin

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now, Linda, I can think of a lot better things to drink than mineral spirits if you catch my drift. Better get those eyes checked!! Oooh, I love how you used Priscilla's beautiful tree image. I LOVE trees. Your colors, fence punch and that awesome corner piece are YUMMO, or YUMBLY as you say!!

    P.S. How is it being the only fave on the team now???? I bet you are basking in your glory.

    Hugs,
    pam, Da Princess

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful done, Linda! How perfect is this... Love the gorgeous metal embellishment and wonderful design, colors, and coloring. Well of course, I love everything about this. Outstanding!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is beautiful Linda! Love the piercing you have going. I thought I might steel that idea, but it would be to obvious since I had the same image to work with *LOL*
    Love the fence! Very cool!

    Hugs
    Gunn
    PSDT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous Linda, thank you so much for the close ups.. Wonderful job with the PS image :)
    Priscilla

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Linda. Love the rich colours and your metal corner embellishment is fab. Really adds even more dimension to your card.
    Tine :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Linda how do you keep making such glorious cards! You are an inspiration my friend!!
    Love you eye for a bargain too!!
    Blessings
    M

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is beautiful! If I had a card like this, I'd frame it:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a beautiful card. I love all the detail on the tree. Thanks for joining us at Aud Sentiments and don't forget to enter in our monthly drawing going on right now.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is beautiful. Your coloring of the tree is fabulous!

    Corinna
    Practical Scrappers

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very pretty! Thanks for joining us at Aud Sentiments

    ReplyDelete
  17. Linda this is such a stunning card, no not just stunning card, this is a piece of art! Amazing work xx Hugs Tina xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh I love this tree!! You have done such a gorgeous job on this card. It is just lovely with your detail and colors, the paper you chose and that photo corner is the frosting on the cake. Absolutely gorgeous!!

    Now I have to go google Brindabella's to see what I am missing. Love working with you on this team!!
    hugs
    donna

    ReplyDelete
  19. Linda, I love this card, your colors are just perfect. I adore earth tones and what better way to show case a tree, especially one you have made so beautiful! All of your special touches are what makes this so gorgeous, the paper piercing, your fence, the twine and distressing not to mention the beautiful corner embellishment. Quite a piece of art!
    hugs
    donna

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hello sweet lady. I hope you are having a fabulous week. I can see you have been very busy and this is just another wonderfully creative card! Love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day! All comments are moderated and spam deleted.
Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing the comment, they have published their own personal details on this blog.{{hugs}}}