}

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

MMSC67 Triple the Fun!!!

 As we begin this week's Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge we are saying a with a HUGE thank you to a couple of our GDT members. Pam and Brenda- It has been a pleasure the last three months creating, laughing and just goofing off with you guys. You are both so much fun and I hope you come back to play with us again really soon. We are not saying goodbye, because I know you both said you would be playing and stalking us ..LOL  As we see two of our team members leaving us, we are thrilled to say that we have three more additions to the team starting next week. I am so excited to tell you who they are, but I will just have to wait and tell you next week.


This week I am going to shock you as I have not got two cards for you this week - but THREE!! No it is not because I don't have a life, but there is a reason ....My first card is made using one of Michelle Perketts gorgeous whimsical images, Abby and Walter.  Now here comes my reason - after making my cards for the challenge we realised that we had not used any of Michelle's images - and we couldn't have that, we all love Michelle and her delightful work, so I quickly made this card!

Now I have to say, it was not without it's share of trials - as I was cutting around Abby I cut off her legs by mistake - Michelle we could have started  a new line of stamps featuring disabled images!!  I emailed the girls and told them that I had made Abby a amputee but had googled how to be a Neurosurgeon to reattach them!  Not to be outdone Walter lost his tail and it had to be carefully taped back on - then I over sponged around his butt and it looked like he had a terrible accident (ewww!!!)  - thankfully some wipes and an eraser helped there - what a laugh I have had with this card - finally it was finished and you are seeing the finished item - what do you think - can you see the 'trouble spots!?! LOL!
 I have used Priscilla's images for two cards!  The first is using this gorgeous Chandelier digi.  I don't know about you but I just love Chandelier's - we have a gorgeous one hanging in our room it holds tealights and looks amazing when lit.  I love the ambiance that it gives!


  I kept is very simple as I wanted to highlight the gorgeous DP from Stampin' Up, embossing one side of it and sponging around the edges of both pieces.    I added a piece of lace and threaded it through a pearl buckle/slider and finished off with Corners and small gems!

My third and final card is using Priscilla's new image The Dragonfly - these images certainly make the sketches easy.  How do you like my gorgeous DP - it is from one of my Design Team Sistah's, Gunn - you can imagine my surprise  when  I came home to find an AMAZING RAK from Gunn - it was filled with the most delish things to use for cards - the gorgeous ribbon and bling was part of this RAK - thank you so much Gunn, I am having so much fun with it!!


I coloured a second set of wings with Pearlised Chalks and added fine lines of Kindy Glitz to try and add that almost iridescent shimmer dragonflies wings have and then popped them up on foam dots!  You can see some of the shimmer and dimension below!


These cards are for the following challenges:
The Pink Elephant - Ribbon and Sparkle - all 3 cards
Craft Your Passion - Anything Goes - all 3 cards
Everybody Art Challenge - In the Garden - card 3

Now to this weeks sketch...it's "YOUR PICK" Make it fancy, clean and simple, or somewhere in-between.


Our  MMSC66 Gold Star Award goes to...

#8 Pat (mspfd) 

Our Remarkables Awards this week go to...

#4 Darlene
#23 Suzi
#35 Sharon Basel



Please grab your award logos from the side bar and display them proudly
Thank you to our weekly Bonus sponsor


and
Our Aug Monthly Sponsor

Michelle Perkett Studio

Thank you so much for visiting and for persevering through a slightly longer post!  I do appreciate you visits - you make my day so much brighter with your comments!!  I hope I have inspired you just a little bit and I would LOVE to see you play along with the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge this week - it is a gorgeous sketch and I look forward to visiting to for inspiration!  God bless you!
{{{hugs}}}

32 comments:

  1. Wow, Linda these are incredible - well done :-)
    Blessings
    M

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning cards Linda... I LOVE the pearlized chalks...Loz

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW...I am stunned at all these lovely cards Linda! You ROCK girlfriend!!! You have an eye for design like no other and I love coming over here and surfing your blog. Thank you so much for sharing your best with us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Linda, you went all out with this one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay, Linda, as hard as it is for me to admit, as I don't want you to have a huge EGO problem after I say it, but you have ASTOUNDED me this week with not 1, not 2, but THREEEEE cards!! You are da woman that's for sure. Each one is so perfectly crafted in the Linda style we've all grown to love and look forward to.

    You know the 1st thing I looked for was the surgery performed on your amputated dog that had the terrible accident. That poor little doggie has been through so much. Lucky for Michelle who created the digi, he is back in tip top shape and I can't see where there was any surgery done. A sign of a true surgeon Linda. Do you get paid extra for being a cardmaker/surgeon???? LOL!! I will say, though I hate to, that I inadvertently amputated this little doggie's tail when I used him last week. Can you imagine that - a dog with an amputated tail, leg and having an bowel accident all at the same time???? We have abused this poor innocent doggie enough for a couple lifetimes, haven't we? But, he can out cute as can be, so no harm done! LOVE your incredible lacing too.

    My gosh, you have used Priscilla's chandalier and dragonfly image to perfection. LOVE the focus on the chandalier and the beautiful array of colors on the dragonfly made my jaw drop to the floor. Can you perform jaw surgery too?????
    You do, my friend, create the most wonderful cards!!

    I will surely miss being on the team with you Linda; but, it has been a total blast and I am so honored to have been on the team with such talent. You can reign in your glory at being Priscilla's favorite again; but, remember, I am da favorite Princess 4-evah!!! I'll keep uploading my cards for the sketches and surely keep harassing you as I do it so well, don't I? Thanks for turning me onto the MM sketch challenges Linda. I've never looked back since.

    Has this been long enough for you since I've had to neglect your gallery for so long??? Take care and

    Hugs
    Da Fave Princess 4-evah
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Linda, you have created not 2 but 3 out of this world card. My favorite is the dragonfly. Beautiful through and through. What a talented lady you are!
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  7. Linda, thank you so much for your lovely post, I just love, love, love your Abby and Walter card, its gorgeous!!:)

    Hugs,

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Linda - these three cards are just great. I love that they are so different in colors, feel and look but with the common sketch of course. My favorite - and I need your tutorial on this :) - is the dragonfly. The colors you've achieved on this are so realistic - irridescently perfect!!!! I really admire your work - so inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful work from a beautiful person! Nough said BFF!!! lol Your work is gorgeous and is sure an inspiration to the team. I need to email you as soon as I finish my rounds. I am glad the doggie is OK!!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG, your creations this week are over-the-top fabulous! You are an inspiration. Love what you did with Abby and Walter, and the story you shared had me laughing out loud, cause I've been there and down that! Your next two creations are amazing. So elegant and drop dead gorgeous. I want to be you when I grow up!

    ReplyDelete
  11. How stunning the chandelier looks! You made the little girly and doggie too. Oooh and the dragonfly. You are the cardmachine and DA BOMB for sure.

    Love them and you for inspiring us all week, after week, day after day! Hugsxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the card with the dragonfly linda
    it looks fantastic, beautiful colors.
    just a beauty


    greetings karin

    ReplyDelete
  13. Linda, Linda, Linda are you trying to make the rest of look like slackers? The absolutely AWESOME cards this week!! You are going to be for sure Priscilla's fav with the way you made up her GORGEOUS dragonfly and chandelier! The dragonfly wings are just scrumptious and the chandelier looks beautiful!! Great job!!

    Phyllis MMDesign Team

    ReplyDelete
  14. beautiful, beautiful , beautiful cards :)) all of them! great job! Thank you for joining us this week on the CRAFT YOUR PASSION challenge. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, wow, wow!! Amazing cards, Linda, amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! Three beautiful cards! Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous cards! I love each and every one of them. I'm so glad you played along with us at Craft Your Passion's "Anything Goes" Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow!What a trio beauties!Every one just as gorgeous in it's own right.Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion.
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Triple Treat! These are all just great. Love the story about Walter and Abby card -- but they look none the less for your "wear and tear" on them!

    ReplyDelete
  20. WOW!!! they are all gorgeous, love your story about the poor doggies tail & dirty bum lolol
    Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion this week
    Hugs Shell xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow, each card is fabulous! Great job.. Thanks for sharing with us at Craft Your Passion.

    ReplyDelete
  22. OK, first of all, this was one of the funniest blog posts I've ever read...LOL! I must say that you did well with the "surgery". Your cards are FABULOUS!! I love dragonflies...and that beautiful purple makes it look stunning!!! Great job on these. I look forward to seeing more of your work.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Gorgeous cards, pretty colours and sweet images.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful creations! Thank you for joining us this week at The Pink Elephant!

    Betty

    ReplyDelete
  25. oh Linda!! You sure have out done yourself with this sketch!! Three WONDERFUL cards!! Love the adorable image on the first...fancy cutting indeed! ;) The chandelier is so elegant, and the dragonfly...well could not be colored more perfectly! Stunning, stunning and stunning! Don't think I can say any more!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Dear Linda! How do ou do it? Where do you find the time? 3 cards?

    You sure have made Michelle proud - even though it came with difficulties. You surgical skills are very good. But since you have brought up the issue of overspounging Walters butt - he still sits right on top of a blck scallop...... *LOL* This card is not just beautiful - it does also score high in the entertainment departure *LOL*

    I love the chandelierdigi and you have made it look very good! I love the blue ribbon!

    I am very glad to see you having fun with the stuff I sent you - I knew it was met for you - look how you just made it into sparkeling, eyecathing beauty! Faboulus!

    Have a great day!

    Hugs
    Gunn

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi Linda!! WOW!! You are such a creative person! I love each and every one of your cards! BEAUTIFUL job!! I want to take a moment to thank you, as well as the other DT members for all the inspiration during my term as MMSCGD. Thanks again!!

    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  28. WOW Linda! All these creations are wonderful I love them all. Where do you find the time? Im lucky I get one finished!

    Holly

    ReplyDelete
  29. WOW! These are all really great. Where do you find the time? I especially love the dragonfly!

    Holly

    ReplyDelete
  30. sweet card !! I love the cute image. thanks for joining in our challenge.
    hugs tina46
    eac-team

    ReplyDelete
  31. So sorry I am late..these cards are all just stunning :) You know I LOVE YOU AND YOUR WORK...you go above and beyond week after week.
    Thanks girlfriend.
    Priscilla

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day! All comments are moderated and spam deleted.
Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing the comment, they have published their own personal details on this blog.{{hugs}}}