}

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

MMSC65 All Lit Up & Party Animal

Who doesn't love Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge time - not me!!!  Each week we love to the inspiration you bring us and this past week has been no exception - you are all amazing!!  This week I have had the privilege of playing with one of the digi's from our weekly sponsor our very own Priscilla, of "priscillastyles" Store


Don't you love this image - my Mum has a lamp like this in her house and it is fabulous so I was excited to see Priscilla draw one.  I used a mix of Chalks and Prismacolors to get the right shade of yellow - I am not really a yellow person but it just seemed to go with this image for me!


I used DP from DCWV One Upon a TIme' Stack and added a strip of CS embossed with the D'Vine Swirls Embossing Folder - I always love the movement this folder gives to a card!   The image is cut out and popped up on foam dots, onto some white CS that has been distressed and had some paper piercing added to the corners!  I added three small circles to the top and bottom - to look like scallops!!


How did you go with the circle - I was glad to have this SU one on hand and cut some acetate out and tapped it to the back of the circle - it worked well! PHEW!!  A layered flower and some nail bling is added as final touches.

You know I wasn't going to resist one of Michelle Perkett's images don't you - how is this adorable puppy - way too irresistible for me!  I printed it twice and cut out one image, colouring it with SU Chalks and popping it up on foam dots! 


I used light grey around some of the edges and added some glitter around the tag - hard to see I know!  Kaiser flowers have been added to the top and the bottom and attached with white brads,


The sentiment circle is from an older Stampin' Up set (thank you Melinda!!) and is popped up on foam dots!  You can see the dimension here....


So there you have it - now it is your turn!!  Here is this weeks sketch...it's "YOUR PICK" Make it fancy, clean and simple, or somewhere in-between. Remember to click on the sneak peek button on the side bar for the following weeks sketch each Friday.
"YOUR CHOICE"


Our MMSC64 Gold Star Award goes to...
#35 Dreamtime

Our Remarkables Awards this week go to...
#17 Peggy

#26 Sue Drees
#64 Marsha Sanderlin

Please grab your award logos from the side bar and display them proudly :)

a BIG THANK YOU to

Our MMSC65 weekly Bonus sponsor




Our Aug Monthly Sponsor

 Michelle Perkett Studio

I am linking these to the following Challenges:
Cowgirl's Sunday Stampen Challenge - Animal's 'n Bugs - Card 2
Creative inspirations Challenge - Anything Goes - Both Cards
Cute Card Thursday - Texting Crazy  - Card 2
Paper Play Challenges - Anything Goes - Both Cards
Sew Many Challenges - Anything Goes - Both Cards
By the Cute & Girly - Animal Antics - Card 2
Charisma Cardz - Something with a Tail - Card 2 
Dutch Dare Card Challenges - Anything Goes - Both Cards
Rose D's - All Creatures Great and Small - card 2
Stamping with the Dragon - Distressing - Both Cards
Ellephantastic - Distressing - Both Cards
Thank you for stopping by today, I always love to know you have been - and appreciate your comments and encouragement!!  Blogging is one of my favourite places to be!!  I cant wait to see what you come up with - you know I will be there to see!  God bless you!
{{{hugs}}}

42 comments:

  1. Two gorgeous cards and your colouring is BRILLIANT!!!
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow..Both of these are fabulous Linda..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the lamp card Linda - I too love those lamps - not that I own one. You have coloured it beautifully and the whole card is a delight to the eyes.
    The wee dog is a cutie too.
    blessings
    M

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi,
    that dog is so,so cute i love how you have coloured her and the lamp holder in. tyhe glitter on tyhe lamp light is awesome too.
    bye for now from rosanna.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two absolutely fantastic cards Linda..LOVEEE the dog...Loz

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Linda

    Two fabulous cards, love your style hun.

    Hugs Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Linda how pretty both your cards turned out. I really love how you did Priscilla's oil lamp. The natural tones of this is stunning. Michelle Perkett's dog is just adorable.

    Bear Hugs,
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing cards!!!! Really awesome both of them :-) Hope it's ok that I have added you blog to my follower list :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You amaze me, Linda! How you do what you do is beyond me! Lovely cards!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oooh Linda, you definately went all out again girl! Love both cards. The oil lamp is so gorgeous with the yellow tones and the circle to emphasize the flame! BEAUTIFUL! The puppy card is tooooo cute, makes you want to cuddle that sweet puppy she's so cute. I need to find that image too ;) Love the pink and white combination. Fabulous job this week.
    Hugs,
    Charlotte
    XXX

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great cards! I love them both. They're absolutely gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at Stamping With The Dragon. Hope to see you in our next challenge, on Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Linda,
    What a very pretty & different card. It really looks alight! Thank you for joining us this week.
    Helen & Elle DT x x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Linda, not just one, but two fantastic creations for the MM sketch this week. Gosh, where do I start??? The first one is done to perfection using Priscilla's oil lamp image. The idea for the spotlighting was brilliant. You've colored it so well and your papers and sponging are top notch!

    Michelle's puppy image is so, so, so SWEET. I love the way you just added hints of color. I need to get better at that! Oh, so much I could learn, so little time!! Your flowers, dp and color combo are fantastic too!!

    Hugs
    pam

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a treat, Linda! Love it when you do 2 different types of cards. I like them both equally! Thanks for sharing the different ways to do the sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Linda, both of yoru cards are spectacular again this week but I have to admit...I am partial to that lantern. Lovely embellies too! Blessings, Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ahhhh Linda, Both of your cards are spectacular. I especially love your softness of your party girl! It is always a pleasure to check out your wonderful creations!
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  17. You go girl!! Two cards!! I just love your take on the sketch. The colors are so vivid!! Love the glow of the oil lamp. The puppy is darling.

    Yes when I went to the MM blog I saw two cards for Linda...Hmmmm is there two Linda's on the team now. (hee hee! Grin!)

    Gorgeous girl! Hope you have a good day...of course it is night for you now...

    hugs,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  18. Linda, a lovely, lovely card!! What a beautiful job you have done with Priscila's wonderful digi!! Pretty colors and great embellishments!!

    Your second card is just toooo cute!! Love that little image and your coloring and embellishments are spot on!! Great job!!

    Phyllis MMDesign Team

    ReplyDelete
  19. LOVE that lamp! and the party girl card is B E A U T I F U L! Thank you for joining us over at BTC&G and Good Luck!X

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love the candle card, I think it is stunning, but must also tell you that the pooch is cute as! Thanks so much for playing with us at Charisma. xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. oh your poodle card is adorable,thankyou for entering with us at CSSC this week and goodluck huni xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Linda! These are both so great. One beautiful and the other too cute for words. All the details fit so nicely on them both.

    Holly

    ReplyDelete
  23. Adorable card. That puppy is too cute. Thanks for playing with us at Stamping Dragon Design.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Two beautiful creations Linda, gorgeous colouring using SU Chalks, both cards have such lovely layouts. Thank you for joining us again this week over at Cowgirl Up Sunday Stampen Challenge, hope to see you again next week, take careX:)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hey wow Linda, do love this pretty lantern and your spotlight on it. Very sweet card. You always add so many pretty details to your creations.

    Hugs and love, Peggy

    ReplyDelete
  26. Great cards thanks for joining us at Stampin with the Dragon & good luck.
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  27. *lol* a realy girl's dog ;o)),beautiful card!!!
    Thank you for sharing it with us at Cowgirl‘s Sunday Stamp‘en Challenge and i hope you will be back next week for our new challenge, with one of your great artwork!! :o)

    Hugs
    Elke

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hello sweet lady!! Another gorgeous card! Your coloring on the lamp is fabulous and I would have never thought to add the ring to make this fit with the sketch! That pup is adorable. When you out and about, if you ever come across a Yorkie digi, I would love to know about it. Have a blessed day chick!

    ReplyDelete
  29. 2 gorgeous cards i love them both but Michelle's doggy is adorable
    Thanks for joining us at Cowgirls Sunday Stampen Challenge, hope to see you again next week
    claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  30. WOW! These are both completely gorgeous, Linda!
    Love the warmth of the first one - your coloring is so beautiful! It really shines! Love the second one too...very cute, and so well put together.
    Hugs Y.

    ReplyDelete
  31. 2 great cards Linda. The pink poodle looks fab and I love your shading to add dimension. Thank you for sharing your card with us at CSSC and we hope to see you again next week. :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hi Linda! OMG, I just love your card with my little Sprout doggie!! Its gorgeous and girly!! Thank you so much for sharing your creation with us, Linda!! I'm always happy to be sponsoring the MMSC!!:)

    Hugs,

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  33. Glad I didnt have to choose between the two,
    they are fantastic,
    Thanks for joining us at Ellephantastic,
    Hugs
    Angie
    Elle DT

    ReplyDelete
  34. These are beauties. I love the Party Girl. Sooo precious. And what pretty colors and coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Fabulous cards! Love that candle holder. The colors are so dramatic! Gorgeous! Thank you for playing along with us at DDCC.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Linda, your cards are just amazing this week..you never disappoint. Thank you for making the Oil Lamp image look sooo good too. I know it was not an easy image, but you killed it with what you did..bravo Linda, bravo!!! :)
    Thanks again
    Priscilla

    ReplyDelete
  37. Wowzers, Linda, what incredible work! Card #1 really is fabulous -- adore what you did with the oil lamp image. You really showcased it to perfection! And card #2 is so stinkin' adorable! Superb coloring on both creations. Have a super weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Such a sweet card..thanks for joining us at BTC&G..Debs x

    ReplyDelete
  39. Hi Linda!

    I was so sure that I had been over here earlier this week to drool over your oil lamp card, but I guess I have just been drooling and forgetting to leave a comment. Sorry for that! Can I use the excuse that you left me speachless? I think I still am - I LOVE this! I love how you spotlighted it - it gowes so beautiful! And the details - the gold pearls, the piercing and the flower - the whole thing is just so warm and inviting.

    Your puppycard is supercute! It makes me smile!

    Have a great day my friend!

    Hugs
    Gunn

    ReplyDelete
  40. What fabulous creations thanks for playing along with CSSC - hope to see you next week.
    Hugs Beccy x

    ReplyDelete
  41. Cuteeeeeeeness!! Thanks for playing with us at CSSC. Hope to see you next week.

    ReplyDelete
  42. Hi Linda!! WOW!! 2 cards once again!! I love how your creativity can go in any direction!! What a cute dog card!! I love your lamp!! Awesome color combo on both!

    Brenda

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day! All comments are moderated and spam deleted.
Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing the comment, they have published their own personal details on this blog.{{hugs}}}