}

Friday, August 20, 2010

LOC Winged Bouquets & Blog Candy Winner

I have been busy with projects that I can't show you yet, but last night I decided to create something for The Shabby Tea Room - I saw their inspiration challenge for this week and my fingers were itching to use the Layers of Color Merci Bouquet and Flutterescent images.


I was given some of these cards with the windows in them - I don't know the right term, but decided it was time I used a few of them!


I also used a negative from a Nestiblities Oval that was lying around on my desk, in THAT EVER GROWING PILE of scraps!!  I lined the oval window with the smaller negative and sponged around the edges.


Using the page from a Hymnal, I inserted it inside the oval and lightly chalked in brown over the actual music and then added a butterfly from the Flutterescent Clear Art Stamps and added a portion of some pearl swirls!



I finished off with one of the images from Merci Bouquet Clear Art Stamps, stamping it around the edges, giving the impression of a frame!   How easy was that!!   I love the more eclectic look of cards and enjoy the creative process with them, but I have to say it was great being able to make this one so easily and still keep that vintage feel - what do you think!?!?
You can see more of my projects in my Layers of Color Gallery, while you are there make sure you check out the other Design Team galleries there is so much inspiration waiting to be discovered.  You are invited to join us on our SNR Group where there is lots of fun and chatter (No surprises there I know! LOL)  There are also discounts and previews that are exclusive for the Group Members - come and join us!!

Oh my giddy aunt - I nearly forgot - the winner of my Blog Candy from the Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenge Birthday Blog Hop is:

Natalie said...

Your butterflies are soooo pretty!! Love the card. The verse you've chosen is a wonderful word of encouragement! God bless.

August 17, 2010 3:26 PM
 
Congratulations Natalie - if you email me your details,  I will send your goodies to you - if I don't hear from Natalie by then - I will draw another winner!  Thanks!
Thank you for your comments and all of the encouragement you leave me here!  I love seeing that you have visited - it makes my day!  God bless you!
{{{hugs}}}

15 comments:

  1. Linda this is gorgeous!! That butterfly looks like it is going to fly off the card.
    Have a blessed weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my GOSH, Linda! This is absolutely BEAUTIFUL!! My, my, my!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely gorgeous and such a beautiful butterfly!!!
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card Linda! I just love Merci Bouquet!!! Great take on the Shabby tearoom challenge and big congratulations to Natalie!!! Whoo hoo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful! Wonderful use of that window card base. I love the music paper you used in the oval, and that butterfly with its pearl trail is fabulous. gorgeous floral swag stamping, too. Thanks for sharing this with us at TSTR.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful card! That gorgeous butterfly looks like it could fly right off the card! Thanks for playing along with us in the Tea Room!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning!!! Wow, this is one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  8. STUNNING card! and Congrats to the winner!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Linda~

    Today's card is just fabulous! I love it! The flowers are so lovely. The butterfly is amazing! I wish you had blog candy with that "Flutterescent!" I wish I could purchase some, but DH is still unemployed, and I am still disabled. The Lord has not changed THAT yet! He can. He may.

    Linda~ You are so wonderful. It is great to see your blog again!

    Congratulation's Natalie! You are very fortunate today indeed!

    He IS Able,
    Traci S.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Linda,this card is GORGEOUS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow this is just gorgeous, I love everything about this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful, beautiful card, Linda!! I love the vintage feel, the soft coloring effects with cheerful hues and the layout and touch of bling, marvelous creation!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh so pretty ... I {heart} the sheet music paper! Thanks for sharing with us in the Tea Room this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my goodness, how did I miss this BEAUTY!!! That butterfly is AMAZING!!! Everything on this card is ou of this world!!! Love it!! Thanks for making my days happy days with your stunning creations!!! Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day! All comments are moderated and spam deleted.
Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing the comment, they have published their own personal details on this blog.{{hugs}}}