}

Friday, August 6, 2010

LOC In Flight

I am so happy to be able to play along with the Play Date Cafe again this week - I am loving the inspiration that there is over there - I used to find inspiration sketches so challenging - but now I just love them!


Something a little different this time - I have used the Layers of Color Butterfly Collector Clear Art Stamps to do a little bit of Emboss Resist with


I forgot how much I loves this technique until I saw a Tutorial Video on StampTV with GinaK the other week and Resist it is....using Distressing Inks...Tim Holt's Scattered Straw, Peeled Paint and Walnut Stain - I love the natural and earthy feel that is happening here!!  The butterflies are embossed with White Embossing Powder!


The black border is made using the Martha Stewart punch and I have added layered flowers - the material ones are individually cut from a piece of lace I had lying around, I spent ages cutting each one out individually - aren't they divine!!  Black gems have been added to the butterflies wings.

This was very quick and easy - I am going to be using this technique a lot more - it is so easy and so effective!

This card is also for the following challenges!;
Rosie-D's Challenges - All Creatures Great and Small
By the Cute and Girly - Animal Antics

You can see more of my projects in my Layers of Color Gallery, while you are there make sure you check out the other Design Team galleries there is so much inspiration waiting to be discovered.  You are invited to join us on our SNR Group where there is lots of fun and chatter (No surprises there I know! LOL)  There are also discounts and previews that are exclusive for the Group Members - come and join us!!
Thank you for coming and visiting with me today, I love to see you have been and appreciate the comments you leave - each one means so much to me - I think I have become a comment 'junkie!' LOL!  I hope you are having a great day!  God bless you!
{{{hugs}}}

16 comments:

  1. Linda, your embossed butterflies are gorgeous! I'm going to have to give this technique a try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a stunner, Linda - when I first looked I thought the butterflies had been embossed on acetate and then mounted onto the card!!
    Blessings
    M

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you are enjoying the challenge! Lovely card, thanks for playing with us at the PDCC.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous Linda, love the butterflies and the lace flowers are exquisite, worth all that time cutting them out. Thanks for joining us over on BTC&G this month. nnalorac.x

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW stunning.....the butterflies are so beautiful!!!
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. So beautiful!!!
    Thanks for sharing this with us
    at Rosie D's;-))Mervi

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning butterflies! Love your card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous butterflies - a lovely card.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful! I love your flowers, too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my, this is just totally gorgeous - love all the butterflies!

    Hugs, Marsha

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fab entry, thanks for joining Rosie-D’s challenge, good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great card, the butterflies look lovely, thanks for entering it in this month's By The Cute And Girly challenge.

    ** Kate **

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely card, what a great technique. Thanks for playing along with us at the PDCC this week :o)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely card, really like all the layers and the embellishments. Tracy Evans x

    ReplyDelete
  15. This card is super pretty! I love those butterflies--great background!! Thanks for playing along and joining in the fun at the PDDC:}

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day! All comments are moderated and spam deleted.
Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing the comment, they have published their own personal details on this blog.{{hugs}}}