}

Thursday, April 29, 2010

LOC TCR#3 Once Upon a Time


Hellll-o-o-o!!!  I have been having some time 'in the zone' today and I can't beleive the time has flown by so quickly - but I do have something to show you  - This layour for The Color Room Challenge - I am loving this challenge and the way they do a lot of the thinking for you by giving us a colour palette each week - mind you, in saying that - these colours are not in my 'comfort zone' but I am happy with the outcome!


I used Layers of Color flowers from the Nature Walk art stamp set and the butterflies from the Butterfly Collector art stamp set - you can see a close up in the photo below.  I know I have said it before, but I am constantly amazed at how much diffence one image can make to the total look of a project - this is the case with this layout - once I had added these, it all just lifted and I know it had finished...no more fiddling - quite a 'fete' for me! LOL!


The DP is from Die Cuts With a View - the 'Once Upon a Time' series.  I loved this window and knew as soon as I saw this photo my DH had 'quietly' taken of me, that I would use it on this DP.  I used the second sheet to cut out the window frame and sponge the edges, then attached it with foam tape, giving it dimension, but not too much!!  I have tried to get the right angle with the photo below so you can get an idea of the dimension.  My Scrapbook Albums are pretty thick by the time I fill them up - are you surprised!?!? LOL!


This gorgeous Prima flower vine was part of a RAK from Priscilla - thank you Priscilla - I have been waiting for the right time to use it and it fitted perfectly on this layout - it is the perfect colours for The Color Room Challenge.

I then added the strips to the window frame, I wanted to blend the photo into the spce more, but also wanted to add something else - these worked wekk and I added a Layers of Color butterfly from the Butterfly Collector art stamp set!


.

You can find more of my Layouts on my Layers of Color gallery , while you are there you can share in the excitement as Laura has opened a brand new  gallery - Scrapbook News & Review (SNR) is an online scrapbook magazine with a community forum that includes Layers of Color (LOC) fan club. It’s a great place to connect with other LOC fans and designers, share artwork, find inspiration, learn the latest LOC news and special announcements, get LOC discounts, participate in challenges, and make friends from around the world who have common interests.  you can join us here

The lovely ladies in the group are having a blast creating with Layers of Color art stamps! In fact, so much fabulous artwork has been generated that Laura decided to create an art gallery so all LOC visitors can be inspired! Enjoy strolling through over 70 creative stamped paperarts in our new SNR Gallery!

I will be back later to link this to some challenges - the kids afternoon tea is the first priority here, or you will hear the commotion from there!  LOL!

I am linking this to:
Allsorts - Photo Inspiration - Butterflies
Magical Crafts - Something for the Girls
Sew many Cards - Anything Goes

Thank you for looking and for all of the 'love' you leave me - I love knowing you have been and appreciate each and every comment!  Thank you, you make my day!  I hope you are having a great day - our kids started back at school this week after two weeks off and are LESS than impressed with the whole concept!  LOL!  God bless you!
{{{HUGS}}} 

33 comments:

  1. Hi Linda - beautiful page - makes me think of fairy tales and princesses in castles - oh and knights in shining armour!!

    Blessings
    M

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgous Linda! I love the bight pink and green against the brownish/grey DP. Looks amazing!

    Hugs
    Gunn

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is stunning Linda!! I just love this layout!! The window is perfect!! I love your flowers and butterflies to frame it!! Wow girl!!
    hugs,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  4. HELLO LOVELY!!!!!!!! So nice to hear from you....Looking at this post and I just (still) cannot get over how intricate your techniques are! Amazing!

    Great work

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my word Linda...AMAZING Page!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW!! This is amazing Linda!! I love the picture and the details are stunning and incredible!!!! Fabulous job!

    Thank you for joining us this week at Sew Many Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh hun this is a beauty so love what you make hun they are always so beautifully detialed,and gorjus,papers,bless you hun for joining us at OSAAT love hugs cheryl xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful creation. Thanks so much for joining us at OSAAT.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Linda ~ WOWZER!!! This is just GORGEOUS!! That window and all the lovely flowers and embellishments around it are just STUNNING!! You are so creative, I wish I had just a touch of that!! I would love to see the rest of that beautiful looking castle!! Wonderful picture of you in a quiet moment - I didn't know you had those.....

    Phyllis MMDesign Team

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW, Linda, this is so GORGEOUS!!! This page is totally breathtaling with all of the right touches in all of the right places...so beautiful and perfect for this awesome picture Ron took of you!! This BEAUTY just needs a frame now...don't hide it in an album ;D. Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super Gorgeous Page Linda. Hugs..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful layout Linda!! Love the vintage feel!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous page, colours may not be in your comfort zone but it certainly looks beautiful. Thanks for joining us at SMC

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is such a beautiful page Linda, wonderful detail.

    Thanks for joining us over on Magical Crafts.

    Hugs

    Joanne xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. wonderful creation, thanks for sharing with us at Sew many cards x carol

    ReplyDelete
  16. WOW!!! WOW!!! WOW!!! Absolutely Gorgeous!!! Love all the detail! Thanks for sharing with us at SMC!

    ReplyDelete
  17. You are amazing, Linda! This is so beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful creation, lovely detail, Thanks for joining us over at OSAAT, hope to see you again soon Good Luck
    Sarah xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Linda, I stopped by for a visit and Im so glad I did...I love this layout. It is totally amazing. Thank you so much for sharing. I'm writing you from Florida. It so nice to meet you.Huggs Elsa

    ReplyDelete
  20. Is that you, my girl? Too many late nights crafting, LOL. Beautiful colors, Out of your comfort ZONE, you soared with the eagles (after you woke up, that is). Hope all is well, Jane

    ReplyDelete
  21. WOW, perfection! Makes me wish I was more into scrapbooking. Right now I am only into it enough to pruchase items to do it, LOL. Maybe I should send the stuff and photos to you :o)

    Thank you for sharing with us this week at Sew Many Cards.

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is a lovley LO Linda - stunning. Thanks for joining us here at OSAAT this week.
    Sam x

    ReplyDelete
  23. gorgeous page! it reminds me of fairytales! thanks for playing along at SMC! it fits the SSDS challenge too. http://ssdschallenge.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  24. Absolutely beautiful colors! Love the flowers and the butterfly. Now I want to play with some teal colors! :) Thanks for playing with us at SSDS!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Gorgeous LO Linda, lovely flowers. Thanks for taking part in the Magical Crafts challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. What beautiful flowers and colors.
    Thanks for joining us this week at OSAAT. Smiles...Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  27. Fab card and wonderful flowers :) Thanks so much for joining us at OSAAT this week, and don't forget to check back for the new challenge and a special store anouncement in just a few hours :D

    ReplyDelete
  28. Fantastic LO the way you have used the papers elements to make the window is so good!

    Thanks for playing at Allsorts
    (photo inspiration wk 49)

    Emma xxx

    ReplyDelete
  29. Gorgeous layout!! Thank you so much for playing along with us at TPE this week!!
    Sheri-TPE DT

    ReplyDelete
  30. Linda, WOWzer what an amazing page!!! It's truly fabulous!!! So happy to see you played the FTTC with us!!! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  31. Stunning LO. Thanks for joining in with us at OSAAT. x Clare (DT) x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day! All comments are moderated and spam deleted.
Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing the comment, they have published their own personal details on this blog.{{hugs}}}