}

Thursday, February 4, 2010

MMTPT76 Whoo Did It!?!?

I made this card for Mothermark's Tea Party  a few weeks ago and forgot to post it here (too much going on here I imagine! LOL), so am doing so today...just as a recap so you know the story -  we are headed to Hampton Falls, New Hampshire this week to investigate some strange happenings there at a very large Apple Farm Orchard in Rockingham County for Annie Mae Appleseed ! The place is buzzing with everyone trying to find out who the BAD APPLE is and expose them, we are hunting for clues to expose the culprit - you can read the full story here.


 I have a way to solve the dilema - This adorable Owl is going to take on NIGHT DUTY - as we all know a lot of 'trouble' takes place at night, while we all sleep - I am pretty sure that having "Hoot' on perched in the tree during the night will quickly get us the answer we need - cause as well know 'the apple doesn't fall far from the tree!' (Sorry Annie Mae Appleseed for the pun!!)

 This gorgeous owl is from an embossing folder that was sent to me in a fabulous RAK from Sabrina (ok1mom2girlz) Isn't he gorgeous - I have rubbed the Distressing Ink Pad him to highlight the Owl and also added brown Dsitressed Stickles to his chest - sorry about the photo, this colour is hard to capture and it is overcast here - not ideal for photos!


'Hoot' is perched amongst these gorgeous flowers, also in the RAK from Sabrina (aka okimom2girlz) I love these Prima's and can't get them here so dear Sabrina has come to my rescue not once BUT twice.  God bless you girl!.  I have sponged the edges and added buttons to the centres, then popped in a few Martha Stewart punches branches - these are from a Twisted Sister Lesley (aka Marleygo) who keep an eye on how much I use these and tops up my supply as once again - WE CAN'T GET THIS ONE HERE - aww thank you Lesley - you bless me!  A little bit of lace has been added to the bottom of the image, just to make the tree 'purty' for 'Hoot' to roost in!


Well that is it for me today - I need to join the others after getting 'Hoot' settled, but first I have to find the Unsweetned Apple Cider - the non alcoholic varierty of course - followed by our Traditonal TeaParty cup of tea!

This is also for the Ways to Use it Challenge on SCS - using a Bird on your cards.

Thanks for looking and for your lovely comments - I love seeing you have been here - I hope you are having a great day - we would love to see you at the TeaParty if you are able to play along - but watch out - don't stand under any trees - it could get messy! LOL!

9 comments:

  1. That is one hoot of a story.... and a really cute owl!! Awesome card, too, BTW.
    Blessings
    M

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW linda this looks awesome, I LOVE how you used this embossing folder...WOW!!! And those flowers BEAUTIFUL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Linda, your posts are always so entertaining and the bonus is we get to see your cards too!
    Caught up with SuperNan's creations on SCS the other night. WOW! Totally amazing cards in such a short time.

    Sharon x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely georgeous Linda. I love the way your card tells a a story..Hugs..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Linda, this is just stunning!! I love the embossing detail and the flowers are so pretty!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Linda! Great idea to ink the embossed image. Very cute little owl! The inked flowers look amazing, I always forget I can do that. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Linda, Love your little owl he looks like the wise old owl from Winnie the Pooh stories. Your inking technique makes him come alive, and he looks like he knows many secrets. Love the flowers as well, and this card makes me smile. Luv ya, Mum/SuperNan

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day! All comments are moderated and spam deleted.
Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing the comment, they have published their own personal details on this blog.{{hugs}}}