}

Friday, February 12, 2010

LOC One Heart

Hi everyone - it is Friday here already - the week has just flown by! I wanted to take a minute to thank those of you who sent birthday wishes my my DH, he appreciated each and everyone of them and had a great day - he asked me to pass on his thanks!!

This card is made with my favourite stamp companies, Layers of Color, I have used their Fleur Heart art stamp set - isn't it just gorgeous!!  I have kept the card fairly simple as I felt too ,much more would make it cluttered - what do you think!?!?


I have made it for a couple of challenges, the first being the Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenge where we are to be inspired by this scripture:

Mark 10: 7-9 "7. 'For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, 8. and the two will become one flesh.' So they are no longer two, but one. 9. Therefore what God has joined together, let man not separate." (NASB)

We have been challenged by Randi to create a card/project/layout that reflects the sentiment of this scripture by following this formula: Use whatever supplies/stamps you like to create whatever kind of card or project that you like BUT use must use TWO kinds of each item to make your ONE creation, for example. An example would be as follows: 2 different colors of cardstock, 2 different pieces of patterned paper, 2 pieces of ribbon, 2 brads.....



I have used two of everything, or used things in multiples of two - do you see the gold heart in the centre of the Fleur Heart?  The exception to this is the one black and gold button that I have used singularly, as a symbol of the two becoming one!


I have also made this for this weeks Our Daily Bread Designs Challenge where we are to use hearts...I have also used the fabulous scripture from ODBD, perfect for this occassion - who doesn't rejoice at LOVE!  Marriage is not only a commitment before God, where we exchange vows,  but also a time of celebration at this blessed union.....at our wedding my DH was playing drums with the band towards the end of the reception and our Wedding reception became one big CELEBRATION and time of rejoicing - infact we had such a great time, we were amongst the last to leave!! LOL!

I am also linking this to:
Die Cuts R US - Love Challenge

Thank you for looking and for all of the encouragment you give me, it mean so much to me -  God bless you!!   {{{hugs}}}

17 comments:

  1. Linda! This is as lovely as you!!! Love it!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Linda - there is this gorgeous heart again...it's so stiking!!! Love your take on both challenges!!!

    Thank you for your uplifting words yesterday and for keeping us in you prayers!!! Big hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, Linda - your wedding must have been a great occasion!!

    Love how you have interpreted these challenges, and the way the embossed background echos the swirls in the heart.

    Blessings
    M

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow this was amazing. Love the colors and your style. Beautiful deatails too.
    Have a great weekend :-)
    Hugs Guro

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning..
    I love it, the heart its wonderful.
    Have a great weekend.
    Hug

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your creations are always gorgeous Linda, and this one is no exception.....I just love this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Linda, this heart is amazingly colored! Looks beautiful and the rest of the card goes nicely with it. You added just the right amount, not overly done. Have a great weekend, friend! -Lori

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Linda, Love your colouring on this card, and although it may seem a simple not overworked card, there is still heaps of lovely detail to look at, including the piercing. Looks beautiful. Luv from your Mum AKA SuperNan

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card! I love how the word Rejoice stands out on your sentiment. The heart amazes me, too! Awesome work! Thank you for playing along with us at Stampin Sisters in Christ!
    Blessings!
    ~H

    ReplyDelete
  10. I tell you Linda, you truly ROCK those images and that vintage style!!! Awesome use of the verse and what a totally fabulous challenge card!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely Linda -- I mean, "it's lovely, Linda!" So elegant and regal in stunning colors!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely card, Linda, just like you!! Your pup barking always gives me a chuckle here. It managed to perk my doggy up thinking I had a puppy here somewhere. Thanks so much for sharing your "love" with DCRU!!
    Cara DCRU DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous card!! I love the richness of the colors and the fabulous distressing!! Thank you so much for playing along with us at DCRU this week!!
    Sheri-DCRU DT

    ReplyDelete
  14. Linda, this is beautiful and expresses the SSC challenges so well. Thanks for playing along with us at SSCC.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful Linda! Love the distressing. And I love this Bible Verse, so true!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a special card..It is just gorgeous. Rejoycing in its beauty ;)lovely verse.
    Priscilla

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is gorgeous Linda!! Love your verse, your heart image, your colors and your embossing!! Thank for playing with ODBD Shining the Light Challenge!
    hugs,

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day! All comments are moderated and spam deleted.
Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing the comment, they have published their own personal details on this blog.{{hugs}}}