}

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

FTTC48 Sweet Flourishes

Flourishes Timeless Tuesday Challenge is among my favourite Challenges and sadly I have missed a few lately BUT am happy to have been able to play along this week, even if it was after midnight last night.  For some reason it was hard to sleep - perhaps the heat or maybe the caffiene a bit late at night - who knows but I used the time for this card.



I used one of the images I won at from the Flourishes New Releases last year.  These Sweet Peas are gorgeous and I love colouring them.  We have been challenged by Makita to use yellow and black, along with one other colour - can you guess what my 'other colour' is - yes - you guess it - GREEN!  I coloured this image with Watercolour pens and could not get the depth of colour in the yellow so I had no choice to reach for...my chalks - and what a difference they have made - the yellow is so much brighter!



The image has been cut out and layered onto black CS.  An embossed panel has also been sponged and backed with black CS, a strip of black and white gingham ribbon and a sentiment added, finishing off with black gems.  I think the colouring took longer than the rest of the card, but who doesn't love colouring - so therpeutic!!



This is also for the Crazy 4 Challenges which is all about birthdays this week - the sentiment on the inside says '...on your birthday'
Also Stamping Royalty which is birthday themed.

Thank you for coming by and for taking the time to make your encouraging comments - you make my day - you know I love seeing that you have been.  This is not my only post today, I will be back later with my Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge card for this week - I would love to see you play along, pop over and check it out - it is as 'Easy as 1-2-3' to play along and we are even giving SNEAK PEEKS of the next challenge - to make it easier for busy stampers to play.  God bless you! 

11 comments:

  1. Wow, wow Linda this is so beautiful love that image and the colour is just so gorgeous they look so real I love it.

    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG!!! This is one GORGEOUS card - Linda!!! I love how you colored this Set!!! Awesome birthday card my friend!!!

    I'm so happy you played!!! Hope you had a good nap this afternoon - LOL?!? Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where does one buy yellow Sweet pea seed - they look fabulous ;-)!!

    Beautiful card my friend, so don't stay off the coffee late at night if this is what you produce when you can't sleep!!

    blessings
    M

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous Linda!!!! Looks like we were both thinking of yellow sweet peas for this challenge!!! :) Your colouring is outstanding - some lucky person is going to be receiving a stunning birthday card!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Linda WOW this is a stunner...Your flowers are truly GORGEOUS and your coloring is over the top!!! Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness Linda this is gorgeous!!! I love this set! I bought it and have yet to play with it!!! Your coloring... pencils and chalks together sure made a rich tone on tone effect! Sooo pretty my friend!!! I was awake all night too.... but not as productive! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello lady, as always, simply stunning, linda i hope you are sending some of creations into the card making magazine. You are sure to win and be published.

    ReplyDelete
  8. this card is absolutely beautiful! I love the colours! Thanks so much for playing with us at Stampin' Royalty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Simply beautiful. Thanks for playing with us at Stampin' Royalty.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This card is simply stunning! You did such a great job on the colouring! Thanks for playing along with us at Stampin' Royalty!

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW! What a GORGEOUS card!
    Thanks so much for playing along with us at Stampin' Royalty.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day! All comments are moderated and spam deleted.
Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing the comment, they have published their own personal details on this blog.{{hugs}}}