}

Monday, January 4, 2010

Bashful Butterfly

I am so late with this card for the Twisted Sister Challenge that it is  nearly due for next week - LOL!  But they are very forgiving gals...this week we are to use Bashful Blue, Sage Shadow and Very Vanilla - well, not being a SU girl I used the closest I had - so I hope this is close enough - at the very least it will keep me at the 'back of the Bus' which seems to be my permanent place of residence - but I am not complaining, as least I have never been sent to the ROOF, not like others who shall remain nameless! LOL!


The butterfly is from the Layers of Color art stamp set  Flutterescent, which has been chalked and had Kindy Glitz lightly added for a touch of shimmer.  I have used some peices of DP that have been gathering on my desk, sponging the edges and using the SU Eyelet Border Punch along the edges of the centre panel.  The butterfly is popped up on foam dots on a scalloped circle which is also on foam dots.  The sentiment is from SU.


.It is also for a number of other challenges:

Featured Stamper on SCS - Anne (aka  Ardodd) I have cased this card
Inspiration Challenge on SCS - I have cased this Border Clock
Crazy 4 Challenges - Polka Dot Fun - they are in the punched Border
Stampin' for the Weekend - New Beginnings - butterflies are symbolic of new beginnings and new life...Our Creative Corner - Our version of CAS - c'mon - no lace, no torn corners and linited Bling - give me a break! LOL!
Stampin' Sisters in Christ - is all about New Creations - this card is suitable for someone who has just begin their new life in their Christian walk!  I know I will be making another card for this one...

Phew - exhausting just linking all of these! LOL!   I may be back later today to show you something I have created...I have never really considered myself an 'off the page' person but am starting to venture out - and just on the quiet - I am loving what I am trying...but don't tell anyone - I don't need another addition! LOL!

Here is a little Sneak Peek....shhhh


Thanks for coming by and for all of your lovely comments - I always look forward to your visits - you know I would hate to miss you!  God bless you all

EDIT:  I just want to add that my DH has decided to get up early and get some photos of the sunrise...and my DD2 is going with him - so I had better get to bed and post this 'off the page' piece tomorrow morning - I would love you to come back and have a look!  {{{hugs}}}

20 comments:

  1. Absolutely bee-oo-tiful my dear - Glad to hear you have not been banished to the roof of the bus - yet!

    Love that butterfly and the stickles - great combination.

    blessings
    M

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linda this card is just gorgeous!!! Love how you used these colours and that butterfly is DIVINE!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous and such a beautiful butterfly!!!
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness Linda this is awesome I just sat here soaking up the pure loveliness of your design, the image and your colours...heaven.

    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww Linda, i love your crad! and the butterfly is stunning, the colours are a great match to SU, i love it. looking forward to your next project and wondering what it may be!! Take care honey
    love emma xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Linda, my friend, this is one breathtaking card!!!!! You know I love, love, love, butterflies and this card is displaying the most gorgeous butterfly ever!!! You never cease to amaze me my friend!!! Many hugs and bessings, Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
  7. Linda this is gorgeous!! I LOVE your butterfly!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Linda, this is just gorgeous!! What a beautiful card!! Love your pretty butterfly!! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so pretty Linda..Done in the true "you" style..I love the soft colors on the butterfly..Gorgeous creation...Super job.

    ReplyDelete
  10. whoa this is gorgeous!! I love the combo of dps and colors and the butterfly is wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous creation. Thank you for joining the STFW challenge this week and good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  12. An other gorgeous card, Linda:O) Love the stunning butterfly and lovely papers. Beautiful colours and layout.
    Thank you for joining us at Stampin' for the Weekend, good luck!
    Nancy;O)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card Linda!! LOVE all the swirly colors in the butterfly, love your DPs and all your super cute gold brad-y thingies! *Ü* Thanks so much for playing along with us at SSCC!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your butterfly is to die for! The colors are amazing. Can't wait to see what your doing...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my, Linda, this is just gorgeous! The colors are so yummy. Great job on the CAS - no lace, etc., haha!! Yes, you did restrain yourself - so did I! It was tough, right?

    Hope you are doing well. I wish you and your family a blessed 2010!

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is absolutely beautiful, Linda! It touches my heart. The colors, the papers, everything is just gorgeous and so inspiring! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Just a stunning card love tyhe colours and the butterfly!
    Thanks for joining Stampin for the weekend!
    Hugs Di xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Another beautiful card love the gold beading on the body!!and the overall colour scheme.
    X Chriss

    ReplyDelete
  19. WOW I LOVE THIS!! Totally gorgeous in every way! This is in my top favorite list!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day! All comments are moderated and spam deleted.
Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing the comment, they have published their own personal details on this blog.{{hugs}}}