}

Friday, December 25, 2009

Triple treat

It is late evening on Christmas Day for me and can you believe I have made a card LOL!  Everyone is winding down and I thought 'why not' that is how I unwind - I am sitting in the dining room and the kids are just finishing off watching Christmas movies - so I am kind of there!

This card is for the Twisted Sister Challenge this week, which is to make a Christmas 'Thank You card', so I am good for that, it is also for the Tea Party Challenge where my Twisted Sister Peggy (aka Marilyn Prestonn) is hosting - so had to make it to this one and also for the Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenge where we have a sketch challenge -so we are all good here!



I used a SU image of Gum Blossom that I have had sittng there for ages - it has been coloured with a Blender Pen and Chalks and then has Kindy Glitz added  lightly to the leaves!   The right edge has been torn and then the image layered onto white CS and then Black CS.  This has been layered into the embossed red argyle and a smaller panel of white embossing with the Divine Swirls folder.  I have added this little House Mouse who is on his way to the Tuesday TeaParty  at the Rodent House - as you can see he is bringing a touch of 'Australiana' with him - which explains why we are late - CUSTOMS was not easy to get through - LOL!!  The House Mouse has been popped up on dimensionals.
                                                                                                              


The sentiment circle has  popped up on dimensionals and black gems added as a final touch!  Instead of adding the strip of ribbon across the lower part of the card, I used faux stitching and then decided to carry it all of the way around the edge of the card.

Thank you for stopping by and the encouraging comments - you always make my day - I love knowing that you have been!  For some of you your Christmas Day is just beginning - enjoy and make the most of the moments - for some of us it is quickly coming to an end - and already we have precious memories.  Merry CHRISTmas to you all! God bless you!

12 comments:

  1. WOW! Linda this card is soo beautiful, I've never seen anything like it. Would never have thought that chalks could do that! And the highlighting with kindy glitz-brilliant! Hope you had a warm and happy day! Yvonne from SCS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this Linda!! I have both those stamps... and you have done a wonderful job with both of them... THANK YOU FOR THE INSPIRATION.

    Have a wonderful Christmas and God bless you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You made a card on Christmas Day!!!! you have a serious addiction :-))))
    Such a sweet card - I really do love it!
    Blessings
    M

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thiught that I was the only one that mase a carad on Christmas. hehehe We had our Christmas early this year so it was my DH and I.

    Your card is beautiful and thanks for playing along with us at SSCC this year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Merry Christmas, Linda! Great card! I was thinking of heading up to my room to work on my Immanuel page...nothing wrong with creating on Christmas! :) We are having a HUGE 3-4 day snowstorm here in MN so I will have a couple more days of time to fill!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is soooo pretty Linda. I just love the way you colored it.. The chalks give it such a beautiful blend of coloring. We are really winding down here today.. Had a jammie day..LOL. ALL DAY. Thank you so much for your friendship and fellowship this year. You are a blessing in my life and in my stamping world. I hope you all have an awesome 2010. I think it is going to be a good year. I can just feel it.. I know you are away from your family too...huge hugs. Now I am off to find out why you never show up in my google reader..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love House Mousies! I am following you, can't believe I was not before??
    I could lose my head at times. Jane

    ReplyDelete
  8. Merry Christmas - Linda!!! How fun that you had a chance to stamp :)!!! I need to do that too in order to stay sane...LOL!!!

    Your card is sooo pretty!!! Keep them comin'!!!

    Have a wonderfyl time with your family!!! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes... what a nice way to unwind - I agree wholeheartedly :D

    Thanks for sharing your beautiful work with us - we get so much inspiration here!

    Love and God's best to you and your family ~ Lori

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOL Linda.... I can't believe you made a card on Christmas day! I think it's great! I just couldn't even have thought about it! Hope yours was wonderful, relaxing and refreshing! Your card is delightful and good for you meeting all these challenges! My family has left and I am getting back to normal here too! Hugs and blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your "Gum Blossom" is beautiful! I love how you colored it. Thank you for playing along with us at SSCC!
    Blessings!
    ~H

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awww, sooo CUTE Linda!! What a fabulous card. LOve your take on the sketch ;) Hope you had a wonderful CHristmas and many blessings for the new year!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day! All comments are moderated and spam deleted.
Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing the comment, they have published their own personal details on this blog.{{hugs}}}