}

Friday, December 18, 2009

MMTPT74 Chippin' Away...

Wahoo - it is time for this week's Tea Party and I am late - sorry girls - I wish I could blame the fact that I have been baking for making me laste but that is NOT the case - I have infact been down at the beach for a couple of days with the family - sounds like fun - well - should have been but I had injured my back and then the icing on the cake was that I got a fever - so once we had checked into the acommodation I put my head down on the pillow and basically got up 16 hours later - which is more sleep than I have had in months! LOL!  I am all good now - well, nearly and ready to party!! 

How could I resist using these darling Emerson Girls - and these Chocolate Chip cookies - it we can 'prise' them away from these gals, they should be perfect for the party!!!  It seems that baking is the theme this week and you can find my recipe right here - beware it is NOT Weight Watcher friendly! LOL!  We get extra point if our recipe has Candy in it - well dar-r-rlings in our house Choc Chips are candy - and get eaten by the handful - but I have used M&M's in the recipe too - YUMBLY!!



I love the Teapot Lorraine gave us as inspiration and was inspired by the colours - I couldn't wait to adorn these gals in their outfits for the party.....I have asked them to save some for the Cookie Walk so I had better get over there PRONTO!! LOL!  I thought if I showed you a close up you could keep an eyes on these gals and make sure they don't devour everything in sight - I might have to use a bigger card the next time I use them with the way they are going! LOL!



This is also for  The Pink Elephant Challenge where Winter and/or Christmas is the theme - I am feeling a little smug as I deliberatly used Christmas colours with this one...so it fits this fabulous challenge too, but it is hard to think Winter when our temps have been so high, we are all keeping inside with air conditioning on!!
It is also for the Sophisticat Challenge which ia all about Christmas - where anything goes, again the Christmas Colours are happening here!!

Thanks for looking and for your fabulous comments - I love knowing you have been!!  Have a fabulous week as we prepare to celebrate Christmas with our friends and family, I love the build up and all the preparation - but always pause to remember who we are celebrating - I love the saying 'Wise Men Still Seek Him' - may we never stop!!   God bless you!

8 comments:

  1. Good morning Linda : )

    Cute cards, and hysterical/so-true sentiment LOL. I'll have to remember that one!

    Glad you're feeling better and hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love the cards you make with these fabulous images and love the sentiment.....lol....
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous and funny that is a great recipe for these images and cards

    Hugs and happy holidays
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  4. In my case it would be 'body by take away pizzas!' Great fun cards Love them - thanks for sharing with us at The Pink Elephant.
    Ann xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous Image, I love it, hope you are well now, many thanks for playing along at Sophisticats this week. Hugs Avril xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Linda - missed you while you were away - sorry to hear that it was not the most joyful break - at least you got caught up with sleep, which I cannot see you doing at home:-)

    LOVE those cards

    BTW - I have even bought some 1 minute oats to make those bikkies!!

    Blessings
    M

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Linda! So sorry that you not only were down in the back but had a fever! But maybe God just wanted you to get some rest!!!! Glad you are better now! I love this image! I have this one and it's sooooo me!!! LOL! I just made cookies today with the kids.... I'm fixing to add a little more to my body!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a great card, fab image & sentiment

    Thanks for joining us at Sophisticats this week

    Jan x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day! All comments are moderated and spam deleted.
Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing the comment, they have published their own personal details on this blog.{{hugs}}}