}

Friday, December 11, 2009

LOC Flourishes & Feathers

Hello everyone - today I am showing you another card from Layers of Color using their New Release set Touch of Elegance.  I love this set, it can be used in so many different ways

I have stamped the image into white CS and lightly chalked it to match the gorgeous DP (love that colour)  I than sponged around the edges with Distressing Ink and layered it onto black CS.  The black can just make the card 'pop' and in this case it does!   This was in turn layered into some embossed CS, which has also been layered into the black CS.



I stamped this adorable Chickadee from the Layers of Color art stamp set Backyard Birds and challked it in the greens - I have never seen a chickadee but know I love to hold them - they are so-o-o cute - it is their shape that wins me, they are so round and adorable!!

I also added some lace that has been sent to me by my good stamping friend Maxine (aka Kiwime) Black gems have been added onto the lace, for effect!  The gorgeous corners are part of a RAK and are Stampin' Up, I believe.



The corners are made from one of the images being torn diagonally across the middle, then sponged and layered onto the black CS.  A final touch is added with the image being stamped and punched with a small circle, sponged and then popped up on a dimensional and one little nail bling is added to the centre of it..



Here is a close up of the middle panel so you can see all of the detail - there is a lot of texture and dimension here and it doesn't show up fully in the photo - you know how it is!!!



Thank you for looking anf for your encouraging comments - it is always such a blessing to know that you have been - you know you make my day!  Make sure you pop over to Layers of Color and see what the other Designers have created ans while you are there, shcek out all of the New Releases - you are sure to love them!!

This card is for the Pink Elephant Challenge where it is all about your favourite colour combinations - this is definitely one of mine, infact is my second project for this challenge in these colours.
It is also for the Die Cuts R US Challenge which is all about a Holiday feel - well nothing speaks 'Holiday' more to me than the sound of birds chirping and the sun shining on the grass - so relaxing - especially as here in Australia we are about to start our holidays and it is SUMMER!!

It is Friday here and the final day of school for my kids today and they headed off OUT OF UNIFORM ready to spend the day finishing off for the year, the older two are off to Ten Pin Bowling and then to the pool for the afternoon - all three of them have class parties - so it should be a good day all around....it is a big night for my DD2 who moves on from primary school this year and is so excited about being in High School next year - I can't believe it - my babies are growing up...I love it in some ways but there is something in me that just wants them to stay little and be safe where we can protect them - just on the quiet, at the Formal Dinner tonight we can be pretty certain that I will shed a silent tear or two as we look over their school year and some of the kids make speeches - I am sure I will not be alone.  They attend a small private school and we all know each other - they have all grown up together...letting go - it seems it does not come naturally - any advice for me to help with the process....LOL!

I hope your day is fabulous.....make the most of the moments and make sure those you love know it today!!  God bless you!

5 comments:

  1. Linda this is adorable! I do love your bird, and the colours too..

    As far as seeing the offspring grow up - hmmm - tears are fine, but I always held mine with an open hand in the belief that if I held them tight, they would kick against the goads, and that as we had put good foundations in, and taught decision making, that they would make wise decisions.

    I don't know that all their decisions were the wisest, but they seemed to survive well enough and are now happily married!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card - that colour is just wow. Thanks for sharing another stunner with us at the Pink Elephant.
    Ann xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I love the fabulous details and colors in this, Linda! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Linda! Love your card! It is so bright and cheerful! Thanks for joining us this week at Die Cuts R Us!
    Amber *DCRU DT*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card. Love the natural feel of it and your adorable little birdie. Thanks for participating in our challenge at the DCRU DT Blog.

    Smiles!
    Gwen DT@DCRU

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day! All comments are moderated and spam deleted.
Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing the comment, they have published their own personal details on this blog.{{hugs}}}