}

Saturday, October 10, 2009

A Child is Born

It is Saturday here and once again I am late for the Twisted Sister Challenge!  I tried to get this card done on time, but things just came up - this may come as a shock to you  BUT there is life outside card making - yes, take a deep breath - it is a hard concept to grasp, but every once and a while life needs our attention!! LOL!

Our challenge this week was to make a card that was a different shape, anything BUT a square or rectangle...so I came up with this...



I do have to add at this point that when I checked the TSC gallery this morning my dear sistah and friend Pat Smethers had already created this beauty...I nearly didn't continue but...who better than Pat to case!!  The reality is that Pat has been so generous to me and sent me RAK's that would 'blow your mind' - I probably own half her supplies anyway!! LOL!

I love this darling image sent to me by another SCS friend Jocelyn (aka JoBear2) I chalked it and added Kindy Glitz to the wings, also adding some gold highlights with a glitter pen, but as usual...they don't show up well.  The image has been popped up on Dimensionals.



I have taken these photos at night (as it is here!) and the colour isn't the best...close but not as vibrant as it should be BUT I didn't want to be any later...I don't want to break the rulz - they have already made me sit at the back of  'The Bus' and I don't want to be moved to the top with the 'naughty girls' - I don't like heights! LOL!

This card is also for the Pile It On Challenge with Three Dimensional being the theme!
Also Gingersnaps Creations where 'Bling is the Thing!'

Thanks for stopping by - and for your lovely comments, you make my day!!  I would hate to miss your visit!!  Have a great weekend!!  God bless you!

8 comments:

  1. What a great card - I love the shape you chose and the super texture you created. Thanks for joining us at Gingersnap Creations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is super cute - Linda!!! What a sweet angel image!!! I'm glad you shared it with us....it just shows that great minds think alike - LOL!!!

    You know what's funny - it happened to me last night too for the OCCC...but I did end up making a new card!!!

    Have a wonderful weekend!!! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful Linda.

    Hugs
    Penni
    X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another fabulous card! And such a super sweet image.
    Thanks for playing along at PIO this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. bautiful card Linda - love the image and the dimension - and the fab shape! I've just found your blog is now updating in my blog list when you post, so I can see straight off when you ahve posted a new cad - yippee !! :-)
    pauline x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Linda - this is so sweet - love the shape, texture and the gorgeous image!! Beautifully coloured too - as ever.

    Blessings
    M

    ReplyDelete
  7. Linda, what a precious card you made and I LOVE the texture on the background too!
    Hugs,
    Cabio

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning card! Love the sparkling details! Thanks for playing the Gingersnap Creations challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day! All comments are moderated and spam deleted.
Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing the comment, they have published their own personal details on this blog.{{hugs}}}