}

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

MMSC21 Beautiful Nana

Happy Tuesday everyone. Welcome to my blog and one of my favorite days of the week because it is Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge - you can check it out here, for all the fun happenings that are going on in the next month. You won't want to miss it!!! At this time, I would like to thank our sponsor for the month of October, Gurlee Girls and Belles'n Whistles - my stamps are winging their way here and I can't wait to use them! Here is this weeks sketch for the challenge.


The Monthly Sponsor for October is:

Gurlee Girl Designs

Our Weekly Bonus Sponsor this week is:

This Layout is very special to me for a number of reasons, one reason is it is my first as a Guest Design Diva for the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge


The second being that it is one I have done in memory of my beautiful Nana who passed away two years ago. I am very blessed to have come from a family that knows what it is like to have aunties and uncles, Nana's and Grandads and cousins all as an integral part of our lives...my family is steeped in heritage and legacies.




There is no legacy greater than the one my Nana left us and that is her faith...unwavering, solid and passionate - that how Nana believed and this is how she lived and I wanted to show that in this gorgeous cross from Layers of Color!


Thank you for stopping by and sharing this exciting day with me - and for your encouraging comments - I love knowing that you have visited! Don't forget to check out the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge for the MEGA Giveaway this week - there is a lot of fun to be had - be sure to check it out!! God bless you and see you there!!

16 comments:

  1. Linda, this is fantastic!!! Wonderful colors and dimension!!! Beautiful scrapbook page!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a terrific tribute page. you are lucky to have such great photos. I am sure your family will treasure this page for years to come.

    kimmie kaye
    Midnight Madness Design Team
    www.kimmiekayedesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Linda, that truly is stunning, love it all and what a wonderful tribute to your Nana, indeed ones life is enriched by family.

    Jane, MMSC DT member

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an excellent card to debut your entrance into the MMSC. Just a stunning piece....beautiful job!!

    Carolyn
    MMSC DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Linda - a beautiful page - you Nana looks to have been a wonderful person. What a legacy of faith she has left you. That sentiment is just so true, too.

    blessings
    M

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a stunning layout and a beautiful tribute to your Nana. Your work is fabulous Linda and I always enjoy stopping by to see what you have created.

    Carol
    chocolatecraftsandbearsohmy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on your GDD at the Midnight Madness blog!! This scrapbook page is a real treasure, because it has a wonderful photograph of your dear Nana that you can always reflect upon. Her smile is precious and your page is just touching, beautiful, and a wonderful tribute to her legacy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is beautiful Linda!! Just love your use of the sketch and your beautiful flowers!! What a great tribute to your Nana!! What a treasure!!

    So glad to have you on board this month as a gdt! You hold a special place in my heart!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The colors here are so beautiful, Linda! A lovely memories page. The floral details and the cross all look wonderful :) Thank you for sharing a special memory of your Nana with us. Hugs ~Jeni

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Linda! This is SO Gorgeous!!! I love this sketch used as a layout for your Nana! I just purchased a scrapbook yesterday... and am still fearing to give it a try, but you have inspired me to go ahead an see what I can do. :) What a creative addition you are to our team this month! :) Hugs! Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a beautiful creation you have made here and a lovely tribute to your nana! Pretty layering with the addition of those gorgeous flowers. Great job!
    Hugs,
    Charlotte
    XXX

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Linda!! WOWZER!! This is just one gorgeous layout hun!! I love all the beautiful details!! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, Linda, it made me tear up to read what you wrote about your family and Nana (that's what my grandkids call me!) What a beautiful tribute page you made. I noticed the cross, even though you have it tucked among the flowers the first time I looked at the design team cards. Beautiful picture,(I love her hat!) surrounded by beautiful design work. We can only hope that our grandchildren will remember us with such love. Thanks for sharing this very personal page.

    ReplyDelete
  14. So Beautiful Linda. And your grandmother was alsoi..Loz

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day! All comments are moderated and spam deleted.
Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing the comment, they have published their own personal details on this blog.{{hugs}}}