}

Saturday, September 19, 2009

LOC Young Love


This weeks Flourishes Timeless Tuesday Challenge is to 'Mix it Up' and I have doing that with this layout - this is one of those layouts that starts out with great promise and then comes to a grinding holt....does that happen to you!?! I have had to out it aside for a week and then have another look. At our Scrap booking Class we did 'Popping Pastels' and I found I love the soft effect that it has on these flourishes from the Layers of Colorset Creative Flourish. I used them alternatively along the lower edge to make my own DP and create a border.

The photo is layered into Mellow Moss CS and then again onto pink CS with a scalloped border, which has been sponged with distressing ink. The birds have been added from the Layers of Color set Birdday Party, first stamped with distressing ink and then coloured with SU Chalks/Pastels and have had light touches of Kindy Glitz on the wings and tail, i then cut them out and popped them up on 3D foam dots.

The Flourishes on the top corner are chipboard and have been sprayed with Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist, giving it such a lovely shimmer, pearls have been added to the centre of each flourish. The large creme flowers are part of a RAK from Sabrina (okimom2girlz) and I have just loved using these, they are fabulous shape and just a pleasure to use. I have layered them with some gorgeous flowers that I won in Abby's Blog Candy...they are textured and have chunky glitter, with various textures...yumby...the I have used brads from DH and buttons my friend Ann (and SU Demo) brought me back from the USA.

The crotchet lace panel was added as I had originally glued swirls onto the CS but when I removed them they tore the paper slightly...so I had to think quickly and improvise...I really like the lace there, as my friend Melinda (aka Melinda80) says, 'There is no such things as a mistake - just opportunities for embellishment!' I like her style!! LOL! I finished off with the sentiment, stamped in black.

Thank you for coming to visit and for the comments you leave, they are always so encouraging and make my day! We have got a beautiful day happening here, a bit fresh outside, hopefully it will warm up as we are going to have a BBQ Brunch today - DH and DD2 have taken Mum and Deb to some garage /yard sales this morning...giving me time to do this post. I hope you weekend is a relaxed and fun, I have a SU Workshop here tomorrow and they are ALWAYS fun - I believe we are doing Black Magic (owww) and Stamping on Acetate and you can be sure you will see it here over the next few days!! God bless you!

5 comments:

  1. Linda I think this page is my favorite of all your pages so far!!! It's gorgeous!!! Of course that beauty in the photo doesn't hurt a bit!!! Yikes gf!!! Gorgeousness and loveliness!!! Anyway... your soft colors, the flourishes, the layout, everything is just soooo pretty! I need to take classes on scrapbooking... this is awesome!!! Blessings!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful people, beautiful photo and beautiful page!!
    I do love the way you have constructed this page - the colours are beautiful together and the accents devine, my dear! Love the touvh of lace, but then i do love the stuff myself.

    Blessings
    M

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG - this is fabulous!!! Not only do I really like the picture, but the whole *mix it up* theme on your page is wonderful - I love it!!!

    Thank you for being such a loyal player and blogger!!! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sexy young couple in love...OOH..Great layout and has a romantic feel. Did you add three flowers and three birds as your children...or am I reading that into it! Nice scrap booking my friend! I have almost finished my page too, bit slow this month..LOL
    ALSO..make sure you get some of you and Deb together and scrap a sisters page then one with you and mum.For our nxt class. I know you have probably thought of this already!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a truly beautiful page!!! I love how you used your vintage style to create this elegant layout!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day! All comments are moderated and spam deleted.
Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing the comment, they have published their own personal details on this blog.{{hugs}}}