}

Saturday, September 19, 2009

LOC Beach Babe

This Layout is of my DD2 taken when both girls went down the coast for a weekend, they arrived in the mailbox this week and I knew straight away they would go with this Layers of Color Set Under the Sea, Dotted Delights and Royal Birds.



I have used fall tones with the DP in contrast to the summer photos and love the effect it has. The hills around this beach are covered in beautiful bush and flowers and this fitted perfectly!


I added the torn and inked DP from SU, picking up the beautiful blues in the DP and then layered the stamped and cut out images along it, popping the middle three up on Dimensionals. All of the shells have been coloured with SU Chalks/Pastels and a blender pen, the longer ones have had Kindy Glitz lightly added to try and capture the look shells can often have.

The bird is one of my favourite ones from Layers of Colors and has been chalked and had Kindy Glitz lightly added and has then been popped up on Dimensionals - what beach is complete without seagulls hovering overhead waiting for the dropped morsel! The dotted flourishes were the loveliest surprise for me, I knew I liked them but did not realise they would come up so beautifully, infact the whole Layers of Colors range has been nothing but a DELIGHT for me as I have become familiar with each set and seen how versatile they are, if you haven't checked them out already, you can find them here

The title for the page is from a Sizzix Alphabet, which I cut out in the SU DP and layered with Cranberry, to tie in with the colours. The final touch is the Chocolate Kaiser pearls - what could be more perfect for a beach scene and don't we all love pearls, whether on paper or around our necks!! Doing this page has made me look forward to summer days, we have them ahead of us and a lot of you are just leaving them behind!

This challenge fits the Our Creative Corner Challenge which is all about fall ...so I am squeezing in as the DP and colours are all about fall and the photos - well, they are what we dream of in fall! LOL! It also fits the Flourishes Timeless Tuesday Challenge which is about MIXING IT UP and I have done that!


Thank you for looking and for the comments you leave - I love knowing you have been and your comments always make me smile - thank you!! I hope you have a great weekend and I am sure I will be back...soon...LOL! God bless you!

4 comments:

  1. OMG - Linda - your scrap-page is gorgeous!!! Love these added details and the beach scene!!!
    Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Linda - another lovely page - I do love the photo with the writting in the sand :-)

    You do such stunning work!! I think I am breaking the 10th commandment!!

    Blessings
    M

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW Linda this page is absolutely amazing!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Linda, this page turned out absolutely gorgeous. You should be very proud. it was great to see you this week.
    Hugs Michelle

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day! All comments are moderated and spam deleted.
Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing the comment, they have published their own personal details on this blog.{{hugs}}}