}

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

LOC Architectural Blocks


I was inspired by a wall hanging which we saw at a Gardening Centre we were looking at the other day. I was amazed how close it was to the Layers of Color stamp set Architectural Blocks...straight away my mind was at work and I had this card mentally finished before we had left the shop - does this ever happen to you!?!?

I stamped the images from Architectural Blocks and coloured them with SU Chalks/Pastels and a Blender Pen, inked the edges with distressing ink and layered them onto black CS. This was then layered onto embossed CS using the Cuttlebug and the Textiles EF, which was sent to me by one of my Twisted Sisters Dawn (aka flowergal36) as part of a BRAK - thank you Dawn, this is still my favourite EF and I think of you each time I use it!!

The top wreath is from the LOC O ld World FlourishSet. I have coloured it with chalks, cut it out and layered it onto black CS, cutting around that as well and then attached it above the Architectural Blocks and added 3 small black brads underneath it - by the way, the embossed CS has been layered onto black CS, I love the way the black makes everything just 'pop! It can really add so much to a card.

That gorgeous Fob Watch is from my new Nestibilities, I am so glad that I ordered it....it is cut, embossed and distressed with distressing ink and attached on dimensionals. This finishes this card, which amazingly enough was relatively easy to make - thanks to a trip to a Garden Centre and some fabulous stamps !!

Thank you for looking and for your comments, you make my day - I love knowing that you have been!! God bless you!

6 comments:

  1. Goodness, Linda, could this be any more stunning? Absolutely breathtaking. Love all of the dimension this card has. Gorgeous coloring as always. I am just wondering if you ever sleep ;D. Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
  2. You always have the best images and embellishments. I love the colors on this card Linda. I hope you are having a great week..Hugs and huge thanks to you for always visiting my blog..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Linda! My goodness this is amazing!!! LOVE the design and your coloring! Love all the distressed ink and your new nestie! Wowzers gf!!! Just wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Linda this is awesome - as usual! love that watch - I must keep an eye out for it as I have some $ coming thanks to a boarder! Love the way you colour, and thanks for that tip about using black to bring out the colours ;-)

    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  5. So very elegant and so very VINTAGE --- so very YOU!!! Linda your work is just getting better and better - truly gorgeous my friend!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day! All comments are moderated and spam deleted.
Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing the comment, they have published their own personal details on this blog.{{hugs}}}