}

Friday, September 11, 2009

Flourishes Galore

I have finished my cards for the Flourishes Challenges, the first being the Flourishes Timeless Tuesday Challenge, there we had a Sketch Challenge this week by Cindy Haffner. I used the Limited Edition Set that I was sent from Flourishes as part of their Royal Court - Beauty in Nature, and so rightly named too! I embossed the images and layered them onto Memory Box paper, running a strip of torn embossing behind it. I added a sentiment from PTI and some mini pearls to finish off - so very easy!


My next card is for the September Release - The Feel of Fall - where we able to play for the four new sets that are being released - wouldn't that be amazing to win!! I love the Flourishes images and was happy to be able to ink these ones up for the first time today! I embossed the main image and used a small circle punch to do the ticketed corners, sponging around the edges and layering onto Truly Thyme Card Stock! The main CS is from Memory Box, as is the DP strip...the scalloped edge is embossed . All edges have seen sponged because I LOVE TO SPONGE!! LOL! I added the punch at the top and used a large eyelet, which I attached with my Crop-a-dile.

So there you have it, these cards were very easy and came together so quickly...it just goes to show that you don't have to spend hours to get a great result - in saying that, I usually do spend hours on a card and I like doing that - it is all part of the process for me!

Thanks for stopping by and for leaving a comment, I know it all takes time but you bring this gal from 'Down Under' a lot of pleasure when you do!! I am off to get a few things done as my Mum and sister arrive on Sunday - only 2 sleeps for us...it is getting so exciting...the most important job is done -getting my hair decent! LOL! See you soon - you know I won't stay away too long - I am addicted! LOL! God bless you!

7 comments:

  1. Linda these are beautiful - as is your pocket card - what a blessing to have the OBD images.
    I am hanging out for the day when I can buy some - guess what I will be saving for next, now the craft fair is over!!

    You must be so thrilled to have your Mum and Sister coming - I have been counting down with you as I was aware of their travel dates :-)

    We now have an official 'date' for our grandbaby - 25th April next year - it is currently just 13.5 cm long - DD had a scan this morning :-))))

    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two beautiful cards Linda!!! You must be so excited at the thought of seeing your family - what a wonderful time you will have!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Linda. How are you? Hope your good cause now things are going to get better.
    You know I love what you do so to honour your great cards, I have not 1 but 2 blog awards for you over on my blog. Keep up the great work.
    Hugs Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! You never cease to amaze me Linda! Your cards are gorgeous! I love the limited ed. set you won! Great job on both of these! I'm so happy you will get to spend time with your family!!! Enjoy each moment!!! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both cards are absolutely beautiful - Linda!!! You rocked the FTTC Sketch!!! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  6. BEAUTIFUL DUO Linda!!! Wow your cards and creativity always amaze me....BEAUTIFUL

    ReplyDelete
  7. This card is so wonderful. Such rich earthy colours. NICE!x Chriss

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day! All comments are moderated and spam deleted.
Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing the comment, they have published their own personal details on this blog.{{hugs}}}