}

Saturday, September 12, 2009

Fall Flight

I love the Twisted Sisters Challenge each week and this week's is to make a Thanksgiving card. As we don't celebrate Thanksgiving officially I thought I would let myself be inspired by the colours of the season - fall or autumn as we say here! I love the rich warm colours of this season and always find inspiration in the leaves on the trees - what an array of beauty for the eyes!!

I have embossed the butterfly image onto white CS and sponged around the edges. The background DP is from a book that has fallen apart and I have had it sitting there for ages to throw out, but decided that I have a much better use for it....using it on cards. I embossed the page with Divine Swirls to add more texture and to also give the impression of movement. I then tore one edge and sponged around all edges, backing it with rust CS, and adhered it to the card. Ribbon was attached across the card and knotted, the main image adhered to it and then 4 moon drops added as a final touch!

Thanksgiving - we all have so much to be thankful for don't we!! I thought when I turned 50 that it was the worst thing - but since then I have seen that I am blessed to be able to get older, many don't have that chance - for that, I am so thankful!! Thank YOU for stopping by and for your encouraging comments - you bless me! Enjoy your weekend - God bless you!

5 comments:

  1. This card is lovely and very creative using an old book for your background, it looks great. The embossed butterflies are very pretty.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my - I'm really behind on visiting...., you've been a busy little stamper :)!!!

    This is another beautiful creation of yours!!! Wonderful take on the challenge!!! The hardware is so striking and it add so much to this card!!! Love it!!! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my word had to leave a comment here too... :)!!! You know I follow your blog and your posts never show in my reader...I would be here soooo much more girl,I don't know why this is!!!! BIG HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning creation Linda! Your work is always so inspiring....Abby:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness, Linda, what a strikingly beautiful card!!!!! Girl this was a ingenious idea to use the pages of an old book. Love those butterflies and the hardware, stunning!!! I suppose that by now your Mum and sister have arrived. I pray that you guys have a wonderful day catching up and enjoy rach other for the next month. Be blessed my friend!!! Hugs, Sabrina

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day! All comments are moderated and spam deleted.
Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing the comment, they have published their own personal details on this blog.{{hugs}}}