}

Monday, July 27, 2009

Flower Child





This is my card for the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge... I love this challenge, the sketches always have something that takes you 'outside the square' and I love that!

I enjoyed it even more as I used these gorgeous stamps from Layers of Color. It was 'love at first sight' for me when I came across their site and I have used this set called Flower Child. If you haven't been there before, make sure you go and have a look, you won't be sorry!

The image has been coloured with chalks and sponged around the edges, than layered onto a Scalloped Rectangle Nestie (thanks to Melinda80), which I lightly sponged. This was attached to the DP with dimensionals to give depth. I added some shading to the wings , which are from the Layers of Color set, 'Regal Wings'- with chalks and then lightly added Kindy Glitz to give them a bit of shimmer, these too are attached with dimensionals! The lower panel is embossed the with Textured Textiles Embossing Folder, torn and slightly sponged. I used chiffon ribbon and thread it through those lovely little pearl buckles...I really like the effect this has. The pearls added above the Nesties is the finishing touch! I have just loved making this card...I love the vintage feel it has, touching on nostalgic!

Thank you for looking and for your encouraging comments - you make my day...don't forget, if you haven't been over the the MMSC, you are missing out - it is more and more fun by the week!!

3 comments:

  1. OOW!! I am the first to leave a comment.Just love the way you used the ribbon and pearl buckle. Lovely use of chalks and sponging Linda. Delightful! XChriss

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linda,Linda, Linda, you never cease to amaze me with your creativity and absolutely GORGEOUS in this case elegant and romantic looking card!!!!! This is right up my alley!!!!! Truly a piece of ART!!! Hugs and blessing, Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooo!! This card takes my breath away, Linda!! A masterpiece!!

    (Hee Hee guess what the word verification was for this comment...amenn! ) :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day! All comments are moderated and spam deleted.
Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing the comment, they have published their own personal details on this blog.{{hugs}}}