}

Sunday, May 10, 2009

Textured Daisies

Upsy Daisy is such a fabulous stamp, I am enjoying the many ways of using it! I am doing a lot of botanical cards lately as my cards have just gone into another shop (a total of 3) and they love the florals....we went into a mall to go to the fruit and vege shop and got distracted by this fabulous shop called 'Gracious Manor' and the next thing you know I am taking my cards over next week for the owners to buy some...guess who will be churning out some cards this week - Praise the Lord for the challenges that keep giving me fresh ideas!
This card is for the Sketch Challenge, I have flipped it onto it's side and SLIGHTLY changed the placing of the sentiment. I embossed Upsy Daisy a while ago, (I did a few at the one time) and sponged around the distressed edges....it is layered on the branches EF, it has 'blue tones' in the photo, but it is green. I love all of the texture, dsitressing and sponging...it all adds to the 'feel' of a card for me!
I was talking with a friend today via email and about our motive for making cards....we all make them because we love doing it, from the heart....the day that I start making cards for the sake of it and it becomes about the how many I make and the dollars, not the card itself and how it is going to make someone feel, is the day that I stop makng them! I know I make a lot of cards and a lot of them go to shops (which is just an added bonus)...it is all about the card and packing it full of love and warmth...I endeavour to keep them all like that, a gift from the heart...please remind me is it becomes any other way!
Thank you for stopping by, I L-O-V-E it that you take time out of your busy day to drop in on me...you bless me!!! God bless you!

2 comments:

  1. Ohhh just lovely Linda!! I think that I have figured out how to follow your blog.. thanks for the lnk!!

    xo xo Deborah in Canada

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Linda!!! I hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day???

    I absolutely love the look of this Upsy Daisy card!!! I think this is one of my fav SU stamps too :) and you definitley made it look gorgeous!!!

    BTW - all your latest cards are just gorgeous!!! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day! All comments are moderated and spam deleted.
Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing the comment, they have published their own personal details on this blog.{{hugs}}}