}

Saturday, May 2, 2009

Faith Is...

It is only fitting that my first card is about FAITH, as this is such a vital part of who I am! I love to combine two of my passions....for God and for paper!

I made this card for the Flourishes Timeless Tuesday Challenge (on SCS), one of my favourites...this week is a sketch challenge which I have loved doing...really I enjoy all of the challenges, you know how it is...some cards just are easier to make than others!!! It is also for the OCCC where we are to use our favourite colour combinations, I am using different mixtures of them! I have used a Flourishes sentiment from one of the March New Releases which I was so thrilled to win, along with the other 2 new sets in March. I stamped it onto a Nestie sent to me in a RAK from Kathy (aka Wattle). This is my last round one so I wanted to save it for the right card!
I have sponged the edges of the circle and the squares, also paper piercing around the same. I patterned the outside corner of each square to add some more interest to it.The lower border is torn, sponged and paper pierced to match the squares, then I added chiffon ribbon with a knot added...finally pearls were added along the bottom of the card. this was actually ,very quick to make which is always a good thing!

8 comments:

  1. Love this card Linda - it is just sooooooo beautiful, and made in one of my favourite colour combos :-). Congratulations on getting the blog up and going. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this card Linda!! Fab layout, beautiful paper, special sentiment!!! Congrats on the beginning of your blog!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really a gorgeous card and I think your blog looks great. Here's mine: http://wooddeboraha.blogspot.com/
    I haven't done anything in a while. I think you'll do great because you're a talker. Me, I'm rather reserved!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Linda this is truly gorgeous! So elegant! Love the pretty paper and the sponging adds so much. The sentiment is wonderful! Love your new blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. you are such a beautiful reflection of our Lord's love, Linda! You will reach out to many through this medium. Welsome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful card Linda! You are going to LOVE blogging! Well done, now kiss your family and say see them at dinner, you have blogging to do! It is super addictive!

    Love
    Lynda xxxx
    www.astrogirl9.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty! love the DP behind the scallop with words, the distressing makes it look so lovely and vintage! Rosy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Linda,
    Congratulations on your blog. I have added it to my favourites. I really love that faith card, it is beautiful.

    God bless you heaps
    Love
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day! All comments are moderated and spam deleted.
Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing the comment, they have published their own personal details on this blog.{{hugs}}}