}

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Essence of Elegance

What a relaxed morning I have had - I got together with my friend and neighbour Natalie to do some craft - Nat is the lady who first got me into stamping and we hardly ever get together, so that made this morning even more special. I had everything sorted out and ready by 9:30am when Nat was due over...and then I had a thought.....and the best made plans went 'downhill' from there!!

Can you believe that this card started off as a cute Beaver!!! Well it did, but then I had a thought...one thing lead to another and this is the end result!
This card is for the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge, which is in it's third week....and I am just loving the Challenges....if you haven't already been there, you have to check it out.

It is also for the Flourishes Timeless Tuesday Challenge where we are to use sponging on our cards in someway - you can click on the name and it will take you straight there!

I embossed this fabulous image, which was in a BRAK from the lovely Helen (aka misshelenstamps) and knew straight away what papers - this gorgeous flocked paper comes from DCWV and it would have to be one of my favourites - when you have great paper it makes card making so easy - don't you think!! I used my Scalloped Border Punch to do the corners and lightly chalked the image, to just add atouch of colour, sponged the edges, added paper piercing and attached it to black CS.
This was layered onto embossed card - Textured Textiles Embossing Folder (another favourite - thanks Dawn (aka flowergal36) - still loving it!!), which was sponged and layered on black CS. This was then mounted on the DP.
For a final touch I added pearls and the velvet ribbon threaded through a pearl buckle. This was a quick card to make, the DP and the image seemed to do all of the work - a morning well spent for me...especially when I was stamping with my friend, and neighbour, Natalie...who was the lady who first got me onto stamping...we had the loveliest morning - my DH couldn't believe how quiet we were -any noise came from our DH's who sat and had coffee while we worked on our projects!

Well that is it for me - until after the mad dinner rush - I loved you dropping by and look forward to reading your comments...God bless you!

3 comments:

  1. Linda this is gorgeous. I love the paper you chose and this image is so elegant. I think sometimes a diversion is the best direction one can take... Hope you had fun stamping with Natalie..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simply beautiful Linda. :) Everything about this card is so perfect together! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an awesome vintage card Linda!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, I read and appreciate each one - you make my day! All comments are moderated and spam deleted.
Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing the comment, they have published their own personal details on this blog.{{hugs}}}